Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome Arsenal!

dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Anyone watch them humiliate Juve?
    In the end the Italian "giants" were reduced to 9 men and were a complete shambles, pity there wasn't longer left so Arsenal could score a couple more, can't wait for the 2nd leg and hope the Gunners play the same way.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    baccyman's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    being a gooner i watched the match and it was a brilliant game all the guys played well and what a gem Fabregas. is turning out to be , you can only wonder what he will be like in two or three years time.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    What happened? I watched the barcelona one

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Yeah what was the score?

edit: nevermind. a whole 2 to 0. What a blowout. Arse-nal broke the game wiiide open.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-30-2006 at 03:48 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Yeah what was the score?

edit: nevermind. a whole 2 to 0. What a blowout. Arse-nal broke the game wiiide open.
    The score didn't reflect the game, even the Italian sports papers were praising Arsenal, on another day it could've been 5-0, it was the manner in which Arsenal won that was so impressive.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    Yeah what was the score?

The score didn't reflect the game, even the Italian sports papers were praising Arsenal, on another day it could've been 5-0, it was the manner in which Arsenal won that was so impressive.
    Yeah I like soccer a wee bit but I come from a scoring mentality. If a team beats someone handily then I think it should reflect in the score.

To me, soccer is alota back in forth with little result. My thought is if Arsenal was so good (yes ok it was a shut out) then when they made a run at goal but either missed or was blocked then (besides 2 succesful attempts) then it doesn't sound like such an ass whippin'.

Could've been 5 - 0? It wasn't though.

I watch English League soccer (among others and baseball) from time to time but sometimes get too bored to finish the match.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Yeah what was the score?

Yeah, but the score didn't get into the triple figures for either team and why was that Henry chap not dressed up in a ton of armor (sic) and what happened to the advert breaks? There was like one. I need a break every five minutes from the intense action man and be told what to buy.

Anyhow, I expect that Juventus will be happy that they have won their domestic tournament (after all that's all that is important) and not some fruity little foreign tournament.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Yeah, but the score didn't get into the triple figures for either team and why was that Henry chap not dressed up in a ton of armor (sic) and what happened to the advert breaks? There was like one. I need a break every five minutes from the intense action man and be told what to buy.

Anyhow, I expect that Juventus will be happy that they have won their domestic tournament (after all that's all that is important) and not some fruity little foreign tournament.
    Yeh, and how come each squad has so few players. Only three subsitutes? What's that about? And where's the oxygen tanks for when the players run really fast!

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese

Yeh, and how come each squad has so few players. Only three subsitutes? What's that about? And where's the oxygen tanks for when the players run really fast!
    That did make me laugh that guy who scored a touchdown at the superbowel having to take oxygen after running...the full length of the pitch.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

Yeah I like soccer a wee bit but I come from a scoring mentality. If a team beats someone handily then I think it should reflect in the score.

To me, soccer is alota back in forth with little result. My thought is if Arsenal was so good (yes ok it was a shut out) then when they made a run at goal but either missed or was blocked then (besides 2 succesful attempts) then it doesn't sound like such an ass whippin'.

Could've been 5 - 0? It wasn't though.

I watch English League soccer (among others and baseball) from time to time but sometimes get too bored to finish the match.
    Part of the skill in football is stopping the other team scoring. That's what makes it exciting, because a goal is really special.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast