Thread: Verizon Lost

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    looks like verizon is gonna have to start telling the riaa the names of p2p pirates after all

the register story

This aint great news for the filesharing community even if you don't live in the usa.

Alot of people will probably stop sharing or be forced to now. which in turn means less sources and variety on are network.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Although Verizon has earned a few points from for holding out as long as they have. And there still fighting it.

And I quote from http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/30399.html
    "Verizon has vowed to continue its fight to refuse to reveal the identity of one of its punters
    accused of pirating music, claming the matter could have a "chilling effect" on Internet users."

Go Verizon

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Verizon is requesting a second appeal to the District Court because the RIAA did not follow the correct procedures for requesting the identity of the user. The DMCA was cited in their appeal. The identity of this user still remains hidden, as it probably will be forever. This is the third such post in 3 days about this, though nothing new has really happened in the case.
    Proud member of MDS

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    I hope Thorne can win. Better still I hope that his victory is won on good precedent.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster

hi there !
    if Verizon need a few funds to fight these d---heads i'm putting my hand up now ! every file swapper would no doubt feel obligated to donate to their cause. hang in there
    regards
    m8t