Thread: Assistance would be much appreciated

ch@nce's Avatar Poster

Cool

I'm not 100% sure where to put this post however, if an admin can assist kindly do so....But pls let me know where it has been forward to so i can access it .

I've heard about Soft modding an Xbox and also glimpse someone doing it (he didn't want me to see what he was doin) now i'm very interested in knowing how to do this and will be doiing it to my xbox that i have.

what exactly is soft mod? I've checked out this guide and yadada on the site but it was 84 pages so it was kinda hard for me to scroll through to find out exactly what soft mod is

It would be muych appreciate dif someone could spoon feed me so i can get a better grasp on exactly what i would need to download on my computer, links to where i can get them, what i would need to have physically to make this a success, and everything that i need.

Please assist me....replies r muc appreciated

2. Games   -   #2
    Softmodding is actually quite simple if u have the right tools. I have softmodded a few xboxs and added hardrives to them. But ill try to explain it to you as best i can.

Basically your gonna need a game, i would suggest getting splinter cell because it has the security exploit that you would need to get into the xbox.

Next your gonna need action replay for the xbox. Its a memory card savegame managment tool. You can get both for less than 30 bucks somewhere.

I dont remember the exact instructions right off hand but i will post the link tonight if i can find it. But basically the whole process takes less than 5 minutes literally. IF you see mention of these things in that article you were looking at go by those. But ill look for it for you and post it again as soon as i can.

3. Games   -   #3
    I found it for you, This information if from xbox scene.

heres the link for you to check it out

hxxp://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=215055

4. Games   -   #4
    ch@nce's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the information guys, much appreciated.

i checked a link just now and they said that i would need these to make it a success.

Already have these:
    1. Torx T-20, and T-10 screwdriver
    2. 15W soldering iron.
    3. PIV 1.8GHz with Windows XP n network card.

(how do u get these? and from where?)
    4. hdd_driver.zip
    5. dlls nedded by hdd_driver how do u get this? and from where?)
    MSVCRTD.DLL, MSVCIRTD.DLL, MFCO42D.DLL, MFC42D.DLL
    6. free-xevox.rar
    6. ernie_and_bert_reloaded.tgz
    7. FTP software FlashFXP
    8. EvoxM7_ef_FC_1MB.bin

9. Crossover cable (RJ45) (have this)

now, looking at the above and remembering what the person did, kinda have me wondering.....cause he just had the computer, crossover cable, game console, and maybe the softwares on his computer.

when i came back in the room and i asked him what he put on the hard drive of the xbox and he said a software that allows you to play dvd, emulators, burn games and also allows you to save you game on the harddrive itself.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ch@nce
    Thanks for the information guys, much appreciated.

i checked a link just now and they said that i would need these to make it a success.

Already have these:
    1. Torx T-20, and T-10 screwdriver
    2. 15W soldering iron.
    3. PIV 1.8GHz with Windows XP n network card.

(how do u get these? and from where?)
    4. hdd_driver.zip
    5. dlls nedded by hdd_driver how do u get this? and from where?)
    MSVCRTD.DLL, MSVCIRTD.DLL, MFCO42D.DLL, MFC42D.DLL
    6. free-xevox.rar
    6. ernie_and_bert_reloaded.tgz
    7. FTP software FlashFXP
    8. EvoxM7_ef_FC_1MB.bin

9. Crossover cable (RJ45) (have this)
    ok.. dude, you dont seed a soldering iron...and you dont need all that other stuff... like hdd_driver...free-evoc...ereirne.er.afdkdsojf

you dont need that..
    all you need is

the game (more info: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...&#entry2815619)
    action replay max
    official microsoft memory card
    krayzie's ndure (get it from xbins (more info: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...opic=8962&st=0)

and krayzie's ndure has a readme...read it.. pretty much explains everything.
    Last edited by colt45joe; 03-31-2006 at 03:49 AM.

6. Games   -   #6
    ch@nce's Avatar Poster
    Colt...suppose i don't have a memory card and another thing i'm in Jamaica.

so u r saying i don't need a soldering iron....

my friend just came on the scene while i'm typing: now he is saying that his friend mod a xbox and he didn't pull the xbox or anything all he did was to plug the network cable in the xbox and in the computer and it detected the hard drive that was in the xbox and he transferred some softwares and some other stuff which he told my friend to turn his back for a few minutes

after all that e load a game on it and saved it and then played it along with a burn game and all was well

i need to kow how to do it that way.

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ch@nce
    Colt...suppose i don't have a memory card and another thing i'm in Jamaica.

so u r saying i don't need a soldering iron....

my friend just came on the scene while i'm typing: now he is saying that his friend mod a xbox and he didn't pull the xbox or anything all he did was to plug the network cable in the xbox and in the computer and it detected the hard drive that was in the xbox and he transferred some softwares and some other stuff which he told my friend to turn his back for a few minutes

after all that e load a game on it and saved it and then played it along with a burn game and all was well

i need to kow how to do it that way.
    you dont need a soldering iron....

after your xbox is modded, you can plug your xbox into your network, and access the xbox harddrive from your computer. you can install emulators/programs/games 'n stuff. but the xbox harddrive isnt that big, so you cant put that much. which is why its best to buy a bigger harddrive.

if its impossible for you to buy a memory card and action replay. then you can follow this guide: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496263

but uh...why is your buddy being an ass? why cant he simply mod your xbox?
    Last edited by colt45joe; 03-31-2006 at 04:04 AM.

8. Games   -   #8
    ch@nce's Avatar Poster
    he doesn't know how to.....he saw one of his associates do it and like i said he sked him to turn his back so him nuh really see much

after the guy installed everything on the harddrive incuding the game he said there was about 299 mb left on it.