Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Muppets And Retards

hi,
    this is only intended for the bloody idiots out there.
    i dont appreciate downloading stuff at 0.02k/s. i dont think anyone does. so incase ur too retarded to figure this out, if you only have a small amount of upload bandwidth, set the number of users allowed to something realistic. if you have 56k only set it to 1 person. the problem is, you see, that kazaa, despite what the readme says, is very reluctant to search for more sources if there is already one or more, now if im downloading something and its going at a stupidly slow speed, and im talking 3000hours remaining type of speed, kazaa rarely bothers finding a decent source, cos a download is a download as far as it is concerned.
    The message to the muppets with 56k, or maybe even broadband but are too retarded to share more than the minimum, who set the number of users to umlimited or as i have already said dont share more than the minimum amount, which is just an insulting number, you are clogging up kazaa with your worthlessness. Use your brain just a little bit and realise that the 100 ppl downloading from you at 0.05k/s probably would appreciate you cancelling their download so they can find a source with some bandwidth.

And incase you are wondering, i have 600k ntl broadband (england). They restrict my uploading to 128k, which equates to about 15KB/s. I have my upload speed set on unlimited and i allow for 4 connections, which means people can download at reasonable speeds, and those who cant fit in, can download, hopefully, from another source sharing a realistic amount.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Very Large Member
    A bit harsh but basically I agree with you.
    It happens a lot out of ignorance I think.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by charlie123@25 April 2003 - 11:07
    And incase you are wondering, i have 600k ntl broadband (england). They restrict my uploading to 128k, which equates to about 15KB/s. I have my upload speed set on unlimited and i allow for 4 connections, which means people can download at reasonable speeds, and those who cant fit in, can download, hopefully, from another source sharing a realistic amount.
    And since you don't have 'unlimited' upload bandwidth, why not set the upload bandwidth limit to something sensible -- like 128kilobits?

After all, setting it higher just increases the packet loss and resends.

I've used NETSTAT -S and watched my connection with various settings -- this is no joke!

Probably a lot of users though have "Optimal Bandwidth While Idle" enabled, thinking it will help their connection -- and since it never goes into that mode while they're AT their computer, they never get to see all the uploads running really slowly and failing constantly.

You just have to message the idiots, 1 idiot at a time.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    A Bit Harsh Language but a fair point

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    And since you don't have 'unlimited' upload bandwidth, why not set the upload bandwidth limit to something sensible -- like 128kilobits?

After all, setting it higher just increases the packet loss and resends.
    i didnt know that, i will change that now, thanks.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    The message to the muppets with 56k
    F*ck you, I have a 56k connection and have my uploads set to 1 with unlimited bandwidth. You have your bandwidth restricted. Why are you restricting peoples download speeds?
    If your not happy downloading from me, then don't, go elsewhere.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster

hi there !
    amongst all the bun fights i've learnt something. 128k=15kbs.
    i can now open up a few more upload slots and feel like i really can help. thanks for the info Charlie 123 !
    regards
    m8t

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by sim one@25 April 2003 - 16:32
    F*ck you, I have a 56k connection and have my uploads set to 1 with unlimited bandwidth. You have your bandwidth restricted. Why are you restricting peoples download speeds?
    because he's giving out all he's really got instead of trying to give out at 'unlimited' speeds which just causes PACKET LOSS, forced resends, and very occassionally CORRUPT files.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster

If your not happy downloading from me, then don't, go elsewhere.

You Twat!!! You may have you uploads set to One, but I bet you not limited you downloads!!!!
    Your downloads is his uploads you moron....
    I wish there was a Peer to peer for the retargeted 64kers in the world...
    I pay my hardened dosh for my connation only to get a tight git to slow me down....
    It playing online game that really pisses me off....
    So Sim one is that simple one then....
    F*ck You To!!!!

No Regards
    SAS

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster

hi there !
    more bun fights, but thankyou SWITECK !
    i too am capped on uploads by my isp to 128. i've now changed the default from unlimited to 128 hoping it helps in particular the 56ker's.
    regards
    m8t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast