Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: What Really Happened

jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by clocker@26 May 2003 - 14:26
    We could easily build Fortress America with a fraction of our current military budget, and spend the remainder totally on us
    Would the world be a better place then?
    Honestly......!!

YES

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by jetje+26 May 2003 - 06:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 26 May 2003 - 06:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--clocker@26 May 2003 - 14:26
    We could easily build Fortress America with a fraction of our current military budget, and spend the remainder totally on us
    Honestly......&#33;&#33;

YES [/b][/quote]
    Great&#33;

Oh, BTW, you know Russia? They&#39;re kinda like right onyour back porch?

Well they&#39;ve been blackmailing us for the past few years- whining that they can&#39;t secure/ maintain/ control their huge nuclear stockpile because they&#39;re broke.
    So we&#39;ve been sending them millions.
    I&#39;ll PM you with the payment details.
    And oh yeah, then there&#39;s....
    Oh hell, the list is huge&#33;
    I&#39;ll just fax it on over to ya&#33;

Open up your wallet, I don&#39;t think they take Visa/MasterCard.

Good luck&#33;

toddles off to repaint shutters and clean out garage...whew&#33; what a relief not to have to run the world&#33;
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by jetje+26 May 2003 - 07:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 26 May 2003 - 07:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--clocker@26 May 2003 - 14:26
    Honestly......&#33;&#33;

YES [/b][/quote]
    Clocker-

Jetje agrees with your proposition-we are free to proceed&#33;

Your post was spot on re: everyone&#39;s &#39;pet gripe&#39;.

I&#39;ve been (I think) reasonably clear about the difficulties of being &#39;all things to all people&#39; vis a&#39; vis our foreign policy; I appreciate your recognition of same.

Rat-

The situation in Northern Ireland is so.....(you supply the word), believe me, it makes me Irish parts hurt. When such conflicts become generational in nature, a reassessment is in order, but who to do this? I know not-

Myfiles-

You are nit-picking and you know it. You are an accomplished practitioner of the art of selectivity in debate, and you have begun to "project" the inadequacies of your argument(s) onto others. Your &#39;buckle&#39; is fast losing it&#39;s &#39;swash&#39;.

You mentioned in another post you had suffered recently from the flu, and were thus not up to posting with your usual fervor; I believe you equated your capabilities (while in the throes of your illness) to those of someone "throwing rocks"?

I observe here that your armament continues to consist of a collection of small stones supplemented by a collection of U.N. generated graphs and pie-charts.......
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    Originally posted by j2k4@26 May 2003 - 14:47
    Myfiles-

I observe here that your armament continues to consist of a collection of small stones supplemented by a collection of U.N. generated graphs and pie-charts.......
    J2, your rejoinders, i&#39;m afraid, are unconvincing (as well as incomplete, given all the unanswered questions i posed).

just give us some examples of when the USA acted in accordance with your assertion:

"You are willing to spend the lives of your own to render aid."

that&#39;s all i ask. when did the us spend lives to render aid?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh, boy...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+26 May 2003 - 12:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 26 May 2003 - 12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@26 May 2003 - 14:47
    Myfiles-

J2, your rejoinders, i&#39;m afraid, are unconvincing (as well as incomplete, given all the unanswered questions i posed).

just give us some examples of when the USA acted in accordance with your assertion:

that&#39;s all i ask. when did the us spend lives to render aid? [/b][/quote]
    The last expectation I have of ANY of my rejoinders would be convincing you, myfiles.

Our differences are inherent, and thus defy nullification.

You define aid according to your own constantly variable set of conditions; this is typical of those who worship at the U.N. altar and suffer painful irritation at every move the U.S. makes.

I do it differently.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    Originally posted by j2k4+26 May 2003 - 18:55--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 26 May 2003 - 18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -myfiles3000@26 May 2003 - 12:21
    <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4
    @26 May 2003 - 14:47
    Myfiles-

that&#39;s all i ask. when did the us spend lives to render aid?
    The last expectation I have of ANY of my rejoinders would be convincing you, myfiles.

Our differences are inherent, and thus defy nullification.

You define aid according to your own constantly variable set of conditions; this is typical of those who worship at the U.N. altar and suffer painful irritation at every move the U.S. makes.

I do it differently. [/b][/quote]
    feel free to use your own, non-UN definition of aid, then.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567