Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are You Serious To Send Me This Email!

I got this in an email...
    You can block known RIAA and other people from viewing your files without impeding my doing so. Using a PRO firewall will allow you to block known sites from accessing your files and as far as I know there is a way of finding them, someone has a list, however I am not interested. Turning off the only way some people have in finding files is ridiculous and makes you no better than a leech. I have no problems discussing this here or on the forum, sharing is sharing with more people than you see on the forum, a lot of my files over the years were found and downloaded because the other person downloaded stuff from me first. If you must be a leetch or you are afraid of the unknown I suggest you stay off the damn internet, your privacy is never safe, do not fool yourself or use that as an excuse to block your files. As far as I am concerned if I cannot view your files that means I cannot download stuff from you and that would in turn make you a leech. To explain what a leetch is it is a parasite that uses a host without returning anything in trade. IE sucks your blood with no benfit to you and someone who wants to download my files and will not allow me to see what they have to offer is no better, in fact a bit worse, they were not born with that instinct nor nead, they simply choose the easy way to get something they want. Dammit if you want p2p files then share and show them, if not you must not want them. PERIOD!
    This is a completely retarded statement.
    1. I do share, plenty.
    2. I do not intend to be an an "ostrich" denying what is going on here (the unknown as you call it), and my actions are completely sane considering. Also, if users start getting more "Denial Of Service" letters than there will nothing to share, as most only have one choice of bb service.
    3. I reserve the right to be unseen (my privary) in these times, its American (my rights), if you don't like it use winmx and read my post Here, this may be more to your liking to have a home where can play "p2p god".
    4. Please don't try to define "leech" for me as I could define what type of 12 year old writes or believes these staements!!
    5. Lastly, and politely ---- Go Away.
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: "Reality"
    Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 6:11 PM
    Subject: Re: I posted regarding privacy, let me your thoughts ( From www.k-lite.tk Board )

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    LOL, "I reserve the right to be unseen (my privary) in these times, its American (my rights)", we all know how u americans love your rights.

bloody americans.

what if ur downloading from a server or a user or whatever in a country where it is that servers/users right to know who you are?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    And where might that be, Moscow?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    China, more likely.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    i know who "beyond batman" is and his files dont show up if you do a searc of his files and he e mailed me saying that if i wasnt sahring files i would be cut off so i removed the privacy patch cuz hes the only one that i was able to get a particular file from guess what still no file
    whats up with that "daddy" ?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by charlie123@25 April 2003 - 22:09
    what if ur downloading from a server or a user or whatever in a country where it is that servers/users right to know who you are?
    You mean the right to know what is in MSF? Sould I take this question seriously?
    Hmmm...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by REALITY@25 April 2003 - 15:53

You mean the right to know what is in MSF? Sould I take this question seriously?
    Hmmm...
    No.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by freeksho@25 April 2003 - 22:47
    i know who "beyond batman" is and his files dont show up if you do a searc of his files and he e mailed me saying that if i wasnt sahring files i would be cut off so i removed the privacy patch cuz hes the only one that i was able to get a particular file from guess what still no file
    Are we speaking of the same person here, SD, if so he must be 12 to rag and rag and then not share or have th privacy patch on. What a...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by REALITY+26 April 2003 - 14:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 26 April 2003 - 14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--freeksho@25 April 2003 - 22:47
    &nbsp; i know who "beyond batman" is and his files dont show up if you do a searc of his files and he e mailed me saying that if i wasnt sahring files i would be cut off so i removed the privacy patch cuz hes the only one that i was able to get a particular file from guess what still no file
    Are we speaking of the same person here, SD, if so he must be 12 to rag and rag and then not share or have th privacy patch on. What a...[/b][/quote]
    OR..he could be someone thats looking to copy your media file list..

In view of everything thats going on right now.. you are just simply asking for trouble if you show your list of shares.. The files are still VERY available to anyone that requests them, if you have them. I dont assume that a person is leeching just because I cant see their shares.. hey, they cant see mine either, and I share every file that I download.. get real.

Even with PG.. your not gonna block the guy that "nabs" you, but I have to take all the precautions that are available, so I assume everyone else is doing likewise. I agree with you REALITY.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    LOL, "I reserve the right to be unseen (my privary) in these times, its American (my rights)", we all know how u americans love your rights.
    you are inviting trouble ....I didn&#39;t quote the "bloody yan*..american" for that very reason. I wouldn&#39;t want to be seen as expressing anti-american sentiment.

In other countries we admire the hard earned freedoms you fought for and the culture of a rights oriented society with constitutionally entrenched protections purporting to protect those freedoms and rights, however they are under attack at the moment. Some speculate that this could be irreversible.

At a practical level in terms of international diplomacy and interventionism we all know that will rights come &#39;responsibilities&#39;....and I don&#39;t want to venture into that territory.....

However I do envy the US for having a Constitution. Some Western countries like Canada now do, but I&#39;ve heard much commentary on it&#39;s shortcomings. We need one in Australia, and many lawyers try to allude to the US Constitution in the judicial arena, but without success. It throws up the contrast as to how the equivalent rights are sought to be enforced by other means which don&#39;t compare favourably. Eg right to counsel, fair trial etc, these are all recognised as &#39;entrenched&#39; and even though I understand they don&#39;t always translate into reality, the very existence of that right legally is dismissed judicially in other countries when the US constitution is raised and a comparison invited when certain rights are at stake.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast