Gangsta>50 Cent 2Pac BAsically the rest rappers
    Other> other types of rap

Hip Hop>

RnB> u know who is here if u dont ur a fruitcake

same with Rock music it can be broken down into seprate groups

2. Music   -   #12
    Poster
    m6 last post didn't come out like how i wanted it

Hip Hop is 2 groups Rap and RnB in those groups are types of that music.

Rap>Gangsta Rap,Baller Rap,Chicano Rap,Horrocore Rap,and other.
    in RnB u can also break it down but its a little bit more complicated.

same with Rock music u can break it down to Metal, Mega Death type, Black, Punk,and even that pop tart pussy shit thats all over MTV and many more im sure

so Hip Hop is not a stand alone type music. its the actual basis of Rap and RnB. such as rock is the basis of all rock music. thats why u sometimes hear ppl say they like "Hip Hop In General" Meaning that like all music RnB and Rap and each one of there styles

3. Music   -   #13
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Thanks people. Another mystery of music is enlightened now.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Music   -   #14
    Poster
    Start up a radiohead thread and lets all have a laugh
    radiohead rulez (so does rap)

5. Music   -   #15
    Semmi basically hit it right on the spot with the hip hop being a culture thing, but i'll elaborate a little more on it.

Hip Hop is indeed a culture. The elements of hip hop are "emcee'n", graffiti, "bboyin" (breakdancing is a media term), and dj'n. There are questions whether beatboxing is an actual element. I believe it is, but it varies through the opinions of who you are hearing from. Afrika Bambaataa described the 5th element of hip hop to be "knowledge".

When dealing with music ,Hip Hop refers to a mc and a dj, which all started from people rockin parties. The mc didnt get much credit back in the day because the dj was the main attraction. It used to be all about the dj'n, but as Hip Hop progressed the mc kinda stole the spotlight and dj's werent really "needed" anymore since beat machines could basically do what they were doing in the eyes of the mc that is. Also everyone didnt have enough money for turntables, so other forms of making beats where performed *beatboxin* There is where the "rap" began.

What they call hip hop on mtv is pop based. Its disgusting to see them ruin the name of a culture like that, but anyways all this is just to clear up all the misunderstanding between all of you.

BTW, Ja Rule = pop, Nelly = pop, and for all your Eminem lovers, he himself says his style is influenced by pop.

6. Music   -   #16
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Cheers. B)

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12