Thread: AMD Question

will athlon xp 2500 barton outperform intel p4 2.53

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I'm not sure but I would say they are about equal. The AMD is less expensive though.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    all the benches i have seen, assuming you get the 333mhz front side bus barton core, not the original core, and it should beat the p4 2.53 on most benchmarks, etc etc... assuming you compare roughly equal systems, etc.

and it is cheaper, so thus, by far the better deal.

In fact, thats the cpu I current use for the medium range model of pcs i build for friends and aquaintances...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    AMD won't perform a PC I saw with two Intel Xeons with 3.7GHz overclocking processor speed

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    No one said it would....

1. we are comparing basic desktop processors, not xeons and bartons...
    2. of course its not going to compete with 2 processors, running nearly a gig faster.
    3. your post was total spam, and unwarranted, stick to the topic at hand plase...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    bushmasterx
    well, even if amd athlon 2500 has less hertz it will out perform the intel in games but that depends on the video card.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I would go with the Barton amd athlon xp 2500+. Since it is a barton core it has 512 L2 cache which is very important because the higher L2 cache the better performance. Also only the good pentium 4 2.53 have 512 L2 cache. Also for the price difference amd always wins. I say if you have oodles of money go with intel. One thing good about amd athlon xp are that they are very effiecient.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    thanks il go with 2500 barton thanks alot guys for your help

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Genraly A Athlon is always around 300mz faster than a pentium of the same speed, an athlon does more work so a 2.5 athlons prob gonna be on par with a 2.8 pentium, plus athlons are far more reliable and easier to overclock.