Thread: Clients: Bittorrent better than uTorrent

I tried both clients for the same download and found out that bittorrent is much better, speed wise, than utorrent is. As some of you remember i ws the one that did everything that utorrent forum member told me to, but still it was slow.

For utorrent the speed was 4kb which finished download at 4 hours for a 10mb file size

For Bittorrent the speed was 33kb which finished downloading at about 15 min. for a 10mb file size

I'm not bad mouthing utorrent, but i would like to know why is this? Why is Bittorrent fast than utorrent for me?
    Last edited by lordmorg; 04-07-2006 at 07:10 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2

For me uTorrent has been one of my fastest clients (I can get up to 4MB/s up and down through uTorrent)......

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    The one problem I do have is that it seems that uTorrent doesn't upload to its fullest potential until after I completed the download.....

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    then u have checked "alternate upload rate when downloading" perhaps?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I have the same issue as bmt134 and alternate upload rate is not checked

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmorg
    I tried both clients for the same download and found out that bittorrent is much better, speed wise, than utorrent is. As some of you remember i ws the one that did everything that utorrent forum member told me to, but still it was slow.

For utorrent the speed was 4kb which finished download at 4 hours for a 10mb file size

For Bittorrent the speed was 33kb which finished downloading at about 15 min. for a 10mb file size

I'm not bad mouthing utorrent, but i would like to know why is this? Why is Bittorrent fast than utorrent for me?
    clients have very limited effects on your speed...it depends on the number of leechers and seeders/file and they're upspeed...if you downloaded the same file from the same source simultaneously...then you have a problem, but other than that it depends on the torrent file itself

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bmt134
    The one problem I do have is that it seems that uTorrent doesn't upload to its fullest potential until after I completed the download.....

I also have the same problem. Even if I feel I have tuned uTorrent.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I always use BitSpirit, if u have xDSL, its really worth it, its less great on Cable connections though (Dont know why).
    Azureus isnt that bad either, its only a big resource hog.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I started off with Azureus, stepped down to BitComet as java just sucked memory out of my system - so then I stepped over to uTorrent to make the memory usage even lower. uTorrent isn't quite as fast as Bitcomet was, although this could be a matter of fine tuning...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    horia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    I still don't think that using the same torrent with different clients shows a relevant result cause with one of them u can get fast uploaders and with the other just lame speeds... I don't think there should be such major differences cause it's still the same algorithm that does all what bittorrent implies so only the extra options make the differences between different clients. in my opinion I think u should use over a couple of days each cilent with different torrents and then see the results.. if u do thins and come with smth relevant inform us .