Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Burn Ps2 Games

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ok this has probably been posted before but as it 5am here i cant be bothered to search all the way through the forums and please dont tell me to :rtfm: :rtfaq: ok

I will do some reading up tomorow i just thought i would see if i got any replies here first.

Ok i burnt Mr Golf at 4x (the min for the cdr) because i heard that burning them realy slow 1x2x4x max is the only way to get them to work properly, when i put the disc in my pc i can see all the files but can i heck get the game to run in my PS2.

Im not sure what chip i have got as it was a couple of years ago now that i got it installed. All i know is that you have to put DVD region X in first, then the game and press the start button at the appropriate time, now i have got loads of coppied games just not done by me so i know when to press and 99% of the time the games work 1st time if not definately 2nd time around but i must have had about 40 goes at doing this game and still no joy.

Btw im using nero to burn but i might give alcohol 120% ago tommorrow as that has an option for ps2 games, and also this is the very first time i have tried to burn a PS2 game so i might be missing something realy simple lol

thanx in advance,

stoi.

2. Games   -   #2
    Proffesional Dumbass
    have u got a mod chip in ur ps2?

3. Games   -   #3
    dont gotta have a mod chip dude it works with gameshark 2v2 also

4. Games   -   #4
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    YES i have a mod chip, does noone ever read posts properly anymore,

Im not sure what chip i have got as it was a couple of years ago now that i got it installed. All i know is that you have to put DVD region X in first, then the game and press the start button at the appropriate time, now i have got loads of coppied games just not done by me so i know when to press and 99% of the time the games work 1st time if not definately 2nd time around but i must have had about 40 goes at doing this game and still no joy.
    In other words i payed someone to put a mod chip in a couple of years ago. ive just seen brockster sticky at the top of this forum so i will have a go at doing that later.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    stoi, it's pinned in the very forums u r at, gameworld. Just look 90 degrees up for a split second and you will see a guide by BROCKSTER.

OK soz u saw it .

6. Games   -   #6
    Thanx redrival, like i said in my first post it was late last night and i was tired, and just couldnt be bothered to look, just thought someone could have helped me out, i will try brocksters way next but i was just wondering if it might be because my Mod Chip in the PS2 was old so the new burnet games wouldnt work with it. Lets hope the way Brockster does it works for me

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    There's no new or old in modchips in terms of playing games. The older ones though requires CD swapping, that is put in a boot disc, take it out then put in the CD-R or DVD-R. The newer ones are better, where you don't need any swap discs, just boot and play. Although the old Messiah's show a hacked screen instead of the Playstation 2 sign. The newer Messiahs, like the Messiah 2 (the one I'm using) boots up fine with the playstation 2 sign as any original disc would boot.

(edit)And older modchips have less support for some other formats. Like the older modchips do not allow CD-Rs or aren't stable. It did be better if you get the newer ones which has a large number of compatibilities with more CD-Rs DVD-Rs etc.

There are many aliases for this modchips. They may be one and the same or 2 different ones altogether. I know that Magic3 is equivalent of Messiah2 If i'm not wrong.

Stoi, it'll be good if you found out what modchip you installed in your PS2. Because I had a professional install it once, my resistor couldn't take it for some weird reaosn and motherboard screwd up twice, then the guy changed my entire motherboard. So just look out for your PS2.

Cheers.

8. Games   -   #8
    My G/friends Uncle installed the mod chip for us so it wont be to hard to find out for you, i know you need DVDregion X First though so it needs a bootdisk. but we have quite a few games who someone else ripped for us and they all work on cdr, anyway going to give broksters way a go.

thanx again.

9. Games   -   #9
    ok tried nero, it didnt like the virtual cddrive and when i said auto detect it said it needed the nero cd in the drive, of course everyone that uses this forum probably hasnt got the nero cd lol.

Ok all i done was installed alcohol 120%, Mounted the .cue onto the virtual cdrom selected copy image selected Playstation 2 from the drop down menu set the burn speed to 4X burnet it an it worked 1st time.

A lot easier imo than changind all the options in nero etc.

10. Games   -   #10
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    It sounds like when you burnt the game the first time with nero you did'nt select the option to burn as mode 2 raw data. Just for future reference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast