Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incomplete or corrupt files.

Hi there.

I am using Newsbin pro for downloading and am downloading big (dvdr)files. They are downloading fine at a good speed.

Problem is that most or all of the RAR files I download are corrupt or missing to the point that the PAR files will not recover them, sometimes by as much as 1000 blocks or so. Both RAR and PAR will be incomplete.

The problem started when I changed round to a new motherboard but I had a problem first with the actual downloading so that obviously clouded the issue at first.

I found a post earlier in the forum but i have tried the suggestions there to no avail. I have left memtest running on my 2GB of Kingston HyperX for over twelve hours with zero errors. I have updated my Bios to the latest. I have removed all overclocking on FSB and multiplier.

Any ideas please people? I know that I have come forward with a few issues but I think I have been very unlucky with the amount of issues i've had lol.

Cheers all.
    Last edited by steve1234; 05-07-2006 at 11:21 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    visionaryone
    In Newsbin files that fail or incomplete do not always assemble, have you found these files and assembled them in Newsbin??

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    - Dump all the headers you have and download them again.

- Re-install Newsbin Pro.

- Update the firmware in your router.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    @ visionaryone - All the RAR files complete into their relative 50mb or so chunks and all seem to d/l fine, its when you Quickpar check them it turns out they are incomplete.

@ mesaman - I have tried a few different set of headers opened from NZB files so i'm pretty sure that isnt it although I will try.

Just reinstalled Newsbin pro so I dont think its that although I will try again. (uninstalled 5.01, reinstalled 5.10).

Now the router I will check, although before I was using the other motherboard it worked absolutely fine. Checking the website I see that the on;ly thing the next firmware updates is support for ADSL2 which I do not have so that wont help. Gonna try rebooting the modem though.

Any other suggestions would be great if this doesnt work. Cheers all.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Check in Newsbin v5's logs to see if there are any yEnc CRC or size mismatch errors at the time of download. If there are such yEnc errors in the logs, Newsbin assembles the pieces anyway for Quickpar to repair. I don't have Newsbin so I don't know how much detail the logs record. If there are yEnc CRC or size mismatches in the logs, note if it shows the expected byte size compared to the actual byte size.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    sanbon
    Steve are you using your ISP's newsgroups access? If so it is possible that they are intentionaly curupting the files. My ISP is doing that, so I had to go for a paid service at newshosting.com

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    First would like to know what server your using.
    If a payserver test with a different client...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    First would like to know what server your using.
    If a payserver test with a different client...
    Hello there.

It is News Demon that I am using and Newsbin. I am using Newsbin because its the only program that didnt have the previous issue that I was experiencing which involved files downloading as only 1 or so Megabyte sizes.

I reinstalled Newsbin last night and have left running til I got home just now and its been running very slow and the files still come up as incomplete, i.e. yellow and saying something like 18 / 27 blocks available.

My News Demon months membership and server usage runs out today and only about ten days has it run properly lol although not all of that is News Demon I think.

I may try a different Usenet provider. People seem to like Newshosting here so i'll check them out.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    NewsDemon gets its feed directly from NewsHosting, they are similar in retention and completion.

Check the quality of your NZB's; some sites have incomplete NZB's to begin with. When using NZB's, don't try to download something that hasn't finished being uploaded.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mesaman
    NewsDemon gets its feed directly from NewsHosting, they are similar in retention and completion.

Check the quality of your NZB's; some sites have incomplete NZB's to begin with. When using NZB's, don't try to download something that hasn't finished being uploaded.
    I took all those NZB's from Newzbin which seems the best and I have tried seven or eight now all with the same prob. I always check that all files are complete, fully uploaded and come with PAR files.

Cheers for the thought though Mesaman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast