Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April is when we pay tribute to "Fools"

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

do we really have to go through this?
    Nah, just exercising your bone fides.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo

Either that post made no sense or it was waaaay over my head.
    I could understand your lack of expertise when it comes to maritime vessels, however with your hunting skills I am shocked that you could be confused about deceased Psittaciformes.
    wtf is a Psittaciforme?? I take it from the latter posts that it may be a parrot... If so, where would my fishing/hunting knowledge help me decipher the scientific term for a parrot??

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I could understand your lack of expertise when it comes to maritime vessels, however with your hunting skills I am shocked that you could be confused about deceased Psittaciformes.
    wtf is a Psittaciforme?? I take it from the latter posts that it may be a parrot... If so, where would my fishing/hunting knowledge help me decipher the scientific term for a parrot??
    You won't understand any of this until you are in your forties; it's just not allowed.

Upon entering your fifth decade, you will begin to attain a clarity of mind and thought which will enable you to decipher certain things, and, if you work at it (it does not refine itself, you see), you can do as we do, but not until then.

'Tis the price of youth, and the privilege of the aged.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

J2 makes a vailid point about the age requirement to understand but my pointing to your hunting skills would be more about you knowing a dead parrot when you see one-------- In other words being able to tell the difference between a dead parrot and one that's pining

But in a penn and teller fashion see the dead parrot sketch here and be enlightened..... It's not the version that leads to the lumberjack song.
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-23-2006 at 02:08 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    ..... It's not the version that leads to the lumberjack song.
    Which is too bad.
    Those two sketches, originally aired back-to-back, are certainly amongst the highlights of 20th century comedy.

Ah, to be young, stoned and have those sprung upon your unsuspecting eyes for the first time again.
    Good times, good times.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Those two sketches, originally aired back-to-back, are certainly amongst the highlights of 20th century comedy.
    No they're not.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12