Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmadinejad says...

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

All land has been stolen from someone, vid.

In the case of Israel/Palestine, it is merely a question of whose story you believe...three major religions claim Jerusalem as Mecca.

Who has the best claim?

Tell us, please.
    I don't believe either "story" I don't believe that anyone has the right to claim land based on their own version of religion. I guess you do though.
    Just to chew the fat, let's say that there is a holy site for islam in the USA. just for islam. Do they have the right to take that land?.

edit: as you point out 3 religions claim jerusalem..... why do you feel the jews have a greater cliam.?

Your view of Isreal goes against everything you stand for in the USA regarding settling in a land. You feel that the jews had a right to that land and the owners had to step aside and allow it, yet if anyone wishes to come to the USA they have to assimulate to us. I appreciate there is a huge gap between immigration of individuals and creating a new nation but it was in essence just mass immigration.
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-15-2006 at 04:07 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Cos the Jews clamied it holy first.

And while we're at it - I believe that the Indians were in the USA first...? plus, why not move all gulf and arab countries to Antarctica, and as a bonus - move the US to the gulf area - that way you not only isolate the Arabs, you get loads of free oil too!! yippeeeee....

NOT

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

All land has been stolen from someone, vid.

In the case of Israel/Palestine, it is merely a question of whose story you believe...three major religions claim Jerusalem as Mecca.

Who has the best claim?

Tell us, please.
    I don't believe either "story" I don't believe that anyone has the right to claim land based on their own version of religion. I guess you do though.
    Just to chew the fat, let's say that there is a holy site for islam in the USA. just for islam. Do they have the right to take that land?.

edit: as you point out 3 religions claim jerusalem..... why do you feel the jews have a greater cliam.?
    I don't feel history (or more correctly, the various recollections of it) allows us to answer that, at least to the satisfaction of the conflicted parties; I do know, however, that Islam is the only one that wishes the other two to be annihilated/exterminated.

If Israel were not circumstantially required to defend it's survival, I can't see any reason they would deny proper access, but things are not as we wish them to be, are they?

Now, why do you (in the interest of serving best those whose claim you feel most legitimate) choose to, in effect, sanction the Islamist aim of Israeli extermination?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    Cos the Jews clamied it holy first.
    i already addressed that,
    I don't believe that anyone has the right to claim land based on their own version of religion.
    And while we're at it - I believe that the Indians were in the USA first...?
    no arguement from me there, I am having a great time watching these right wingers foaming at the mouth because they think immigrants want to take over the usa. Native americans must be splitting their sides with laughter.

plus, why not move all gulf and arab countries to Antarctica, and as a bonus - move the US to the gulf area - that way you not only isolate the Arabs, you get loads of free oil too!! yippeeeee....

NOT
    are these lands in disputed ownership?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Now, why do you (in the interest of serving best those whose claim you feel most legitimate) choose to, in effect, sanction the Islamist aim of Israeli extermination?
    I don't

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    I don't
    Then qualify what you say with reason.

Israel's claim is no less legitimate than the Palestinians, and your first best move would be to acknowledge the fact before you move on to other things.

As I've said, if Israel weren't busy ensuring it's own survival, perhaps there would be peace in the region, but the Palestinians want to "push them into the Red Sea".

What if Israel made a similar claim of intent?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    I take neither side on the issue over the other. I don't think the people of israel should be destroyed but I don't feel they have a legitimate claim of ownership of the land over the palestinians. The creation of Israel was IMO a mistaken attempt to solve another problem and just made things worse.

As I've said, if Israel weren't busy ensuring it's own survival, perhaps there would be peace in the region, but the Palestinians want to "push them into the Red Sea".

What if Israel made a similar claim of intent?
    To me this is a "which came first, the chicken or the egg" situation. Again I don't side with one or the other

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    So what to do? Where do the Israelis go if not Israel???
    I mean, the Holocaust, as sad as it may be, proved that the Jews need a land of their own, don't they?

And yes.. apparently, Antarctica is partly owned by.. ummm, I think 12 states if I am not mistaken.... So yes, it's also disputed ownership

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    So what to do? Where do the Israelis go if not Israel???
    I mean, the Holocaust, as sad as it may be, proved that the Jews need a land of their own, don't they?
    Well then why not take up my offer of texas? you wouldn't have to worry about persecution in the USA would you? But on that point of land to escape persecution, were the chances of utopia in that region of the world greater or less likely?

And yes.. apparently, Antarctica is partly owned by.. ummm, I think 12 states if I am not mistaken.... So yes, it's also disputed ownership
    Am I correct in thinking that you are suggesting moving undisputed arab nations into disputed land? for what reason?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Well then why not take up my offer of texas? you wouldn't have to worry about persecution in the USA would you? But on that point of land to escape persecution, were the chances of utopia in that region of the world greater or less likely?
    Uh-oh.

He's serious, Rafi.

On that same silly-ass point, why do you suppose no one has offered sanctuary to the Palestinians, vid?

They could move as well...

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast