Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ahmadinejad says...

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

On that same silly-ass point, why do you suppose no one has offered sanctuary to the Palestinians, vid?

They could move as well...
    tralalala made the point that the jews needed sanctuary, I offered it to them here. Would you object to a self governing state of Israel being set up on US soil?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

On that same silly-ass point, why do you suppose no one has offered sanctuary to the Palestinians, vid?

They could move as well...
    tralalala made the point that the jews needed sanctuary, I offered it to them here. Would you object to a self governing state of Israel being set up on US soil?
    You offered the sanctuary before Rafi claimed any need.

As to your last, if that were at all possible, I would welcome them with open arms.

They would, of course, be required to submit to the immigration process, if for no other reason than as an example to the Mexicans, who feel no need.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    This is stupid.. it's pretty obviouse that that kind of solution is impossible and silly...

Thing is, I don't think the Stae of Israel can and would be moved even if it were possible.. don't you?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    ..it's not even on the cards, Tralalala...and this is not about Israel...this is about a very dangerous man indeed and let's not forget Korea.

Time for the Shah.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 04-15-2006 at 09:30 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35

As to your last, if that were at all possible, I would welcome them with open arms.

They would, of course, be required to submit to the immigration process, if for no other reason than as an example to the Mexicans, who feel no need.
    I'm not offering them immigration into the USA, I am offering them their own land....texas, but it could be any other state, doesn't matter which one. It would mean we have to give up any rights to that land and they would have self determination. They would not become US citizens and any US citizen that lived in that state would either have to become a citizen of Israel or move out. Of course they could remain there as a permanent resident but wouldn't be able to vote etc.

Forgetting the fact that this is just chewing fat, would this idea still acceptable in theory?
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-15-2006 at 10:52 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

I'm not offering them immigration into the USA, I am offering them their own land....texas, but it could be any other state, doesn't matter which one. It would mean we have to give up any rights to that land and they would have self determination. They would not become US citizens and any US citizen that lived in that state would either have to become a citizen of Israel or move out. Of course they could remain there as a permanent resident but wouldn't be able to vote etc.

Forgetting the fact that this is just chewing fat, would this idea still acceptable in theory?
    Acceptable to whom?

Me?

I would say no, because I figure it should work the way it is.

You'd never get an Israeli to buy the idea, either-not even in a speculative manner such as this.

In any case, the Israelis have proven, for the last 58 years, that they will not cooperate in their self-destruction.

That the U.S. has aided them in their efforts to survive is to it's credit.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    The point I am getting at is that we, or at least many of us would not accept our land being occupied, given away, divided or whatever (as you appear to say). Yet the USA generally sides with Israel on this and insists that they have every right to be there and are only defending themselves.

This wasn't a mutual agreement of the natives, this was implemented as a solution to a problem and caused more problems than before.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    ..well you better ask permission from the native Americans before you give anything away, after all, it's not yours to give..

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    @thewizard - correct.. I stated that before...

@vid: Even if you were to do something about the stolen land of Israel, you have over 80% Jews in the land that makes up the State of Israel... How you gonna move that from there? How are the Arabs gonna move us out??

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    @vid: Even if you were to do something about the stolen land of Israel, you have over 80% Jews in the land that makes up the State of Israel... How you gonna move that from there? How are the Arabs gonna move us out??
    Ever heard of ship planes trains and automobiles? You wouldn't be forced to move, you could live where you are right now if you want to take that chance.

Of course (as I have mentioned several times) it's just fat chewing and it's not likely or viable. If land on the US was taken for such reasons then the US citizens would probably be acting like the arabs right now. (before anyone says "we are different we wouldn't commit acts of terrorism" remember that only a small percentage of the arabs do, even if the others think it's justified)

You are in an area where many of the original owners are still alive, the creation of Israel made a bad situation worse. Israel (as a nation) is not innocent and playing the victim isn't justified.

On the flip side, killing innocent people through acts of terrorism isn't justified either (this goes for both sides)

I don't favour one side over the other, but I can see cause and effect and I am not going to ignore that just because it goes against popular opinion.

@thewizard -see post #24, but if it bothers you so much, you could put it in England..... after all the hymn suggests you build Jerusalem "In England's green and pleasant land"
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-16-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast