Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The problem with superpowerful pre-built systems.

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Buy a computer and stick with it for at least 4 years is my rule of thumb, unless you love to waste money, then by all means go nuts.
    This says more about you than the people you're describing.
    Obviously if you're going to be buying a computer any time soon you'd have half the brains to do some research, and once you do you'll realize the technologies coming out soon and what not. Using that info you can ask yourself whether buying a computer now is a good idea or whether to wait until that new piece of tech. comes out.
    The perfect formula for never buying anything.
    There is always something newer/better just around the corner. That's how the game works.

It's all relative.
    Leave my mother out of this please.

Once it's out of the box it's old. Now that's the golden rule.
    Agree with you there.

Edit: If you spend more than 2 grand on a comp. either you're loaded or you don't look for the lowest prices possible, a 10k comp. is just fuckin ridiculous.
    A $10K PC would be totally tits...can you really say you wouldn't love to have one?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T

$1500/2 year ratio is a load. Buy a computer and stick with it for at least 4 years is my rule of thumb
    That's just you, because you don't seem that big of a gamer.

I'd like to see you buy a comp right now and still play the latest games 4 years from now. You tit. Stfu and think before you talk. Keep your shite opinions to yourself or at least add IMO to your feckin worthless BSing.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    heh 4 years, i can already say that my 7900gt will be having trouble with newer games by then, and im pretty sure, my 3500+ will be wheezing a bit to keep up. games are only going to get more advanced. i mean graphically ut2k4 vs doom3, quake 4? huge diffrence in short time. guess i'll add the imo just to cover myself.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler

$1500/2 year ratio is a load. Buy a computer and stick with it for at least 4 years is my rule of thumb

I'd like to see you buy a comp right now and still play the latest games 4 years from now. You tit. Stfu and think before you talk. Keep your shite opinions to yourself or at least add IMO to your feckin worthless BSing.
    I bought my POS back in 2001, have yet to replace it (I haven't bought that comp that I wanted to build yet) and it runs fine, only game that runs crappy is FEAR, but as you said I'm not a gamer. I'm such a tit for saving money, that's pretty cool dumbass .

But I should point out that I upgraded the vid card and put some extra mem. into it since 2001.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    But I should point out that I upgraded the vid card and put some extra mem. into it since 2001.
    Oh you reckless spendthrift you.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Oh you reckless spendthrift you.
    lawl.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T

I bought my POS back in 2001, have yet to replace it (I haven't bought that comp that I wanted to build yet) and it runs fine, only game that runs crappy is FEAR, but as you said I'm not a gamer. I'm such a tit for saving money, that's pretty cool dumbass .

In 2001 the midrange-high end comp at most had a pentium 4 1.6-2.0ghz, 128mb-1gig ram, and a shitty FX5200-5600 or a Radeon 9000-9600.

Don't tell me a system like that is not obsolete.

Sure, you can still run some games released nowdays, but at the lowest resolutions and with lag. You can't even run more demanding games with that system, like HL2: LC or Oblivion.

And upgrading such an obsolete system is plain stupid, because mobo back then hadn't even heard of PCI-E and used AGP, so if you were indeed telling the truth then you actually went out and bought an AGP vid card.

Stop BSing you retarded tit.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28

In 2001 the midrange-high end comp at most had a pentium 4 1.6-2.0ghz, 128mb-1gig ram, and a shitty FX5200-5600 or a Radeon 9000-9600.

Don't tell me a system like that is not obsolete.

Sure, you can still run some games released nowdays, but at the lowest resolutions and with lag. You can't even run more demanding games with that system, like HL2: LC or Oblivion.

And upgrading such an obsolete system is plain stupid, because mobo back then hadn't even heard of PCI-E and used AGP, so if you were indeed telling the truth then you actually went out and bought an AGP vid card.

Stop BSing you retarded tit.
    When did I say I had a PCI-E mobo? Never. I said I was thinking of purchasing one along w/ many other components. Think before you type/speak buds.

And yes, I did have 5200 (nice guess) for a while, it ran HL2 at 800x600 fine (when you consider the size of the monitor, resolution is negligible at least to me anyway).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    chill out ladies...

My typewriter pwns all your computers.. The other day i was playing HL2: lost coast on it and the graphics were 1337!
    blah blah blah... whatever...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by erRor67
    chill out ladies...

My typewriter pwns all your computers.. The other day i was playing HL2: lost coast on it and the graphics were 1337!
    ..so were the graphics ASCII or something?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast