Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A message to the americans:

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Ok so, 15 years ago the United States won the cold war against the USSR.
    Since that, no one seems to need to proove anything as one ideologie has been either accepted or imposed to the whole world. So no more apollo, no more soyouz to show the world what the people of a country are capable to accomplish.
    So what do we do know? Now that the world is governrened by duches. Now that we don't look foward for fights and conquest, but at our bills and cars, where is the american pionner spirit? When do we start thinking about settling on mars or venus? It is my feeling that the human destiny isn't only about pleasing your wives and produce psp to kill the time playing with it. Or maybe it's just me. When do we free ourselves and start to have faith in our future, in what we can accomplish, instead of letting people in their misery having faith in those fake gods because they are basically affraid of life.
    Americans wanted the world working by their rules, they have got it. What are they going to do with it? I Hope you'll get the spirit of my point and won't feel attacked, I know you like your country, and I too think it's great in many ways.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidas
    It is my feeling that the human destiny isn't only about pleasing your wives and produce psp to kill the time playing with it. Or maybe it's just me.
    Probably.
    I'm not waiting for anyone (especially americans ) to decide what the human destiny is going to be. I intend to take an active part in it.

By the way, maybe that's what they meant when they used the expression "free world" all the time?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    well I planted some seeds in the front yard........if that's not optimistic I don't know what is

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    one ideology all over the world? i think earth is far from that.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    ..when the temperature on Venus drops to 20 degrees celsius and on Mars rises to 20 degrees celsius..then and only then will I be enticed to live on those distant planets....this is a bit too serious for the lounge..dont you think?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    It is my feeling that the human destiny isn't only about pleasing your wives and produce psp to kill the time playing with it. Or maybe it's just me.
    Probably.
    I'm not waiting for anyone (especially americans ) to decide what the human destiny is going to be. I intend to take an active part in it.

By the way, maybe that's what they meant when they used the expression "free world" all the time?
    really what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    one ideology all over the world? i think earth is far from that.
    No it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard
    ..when the temperature on Venus drops to 20 degrees celsius and on Mars rises to 20 degrees celsius..then and only then will I be enticed to live on those distant planets....
    I say wake up! & let's work on it

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard
    ..when the temperature on Venus drops to 20 degrees celsius and on Mars rises to 20 degrees celsius..then and only then will I be enticed to live on those distant planets....this is a bit too serious for the lounge..dont you think?
    Well the USA are experts at causing global warming, so mars is looking viable

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    really what do you do?
    Trying to do my part on solving (some) of the problems on this world, before thinking of pionneering on another.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    There is talk of global hegemony but I am not entirely convinced. If anything more countries are returning left of centre "social democrat" style Governments than before.

Look at GWs allies, both Spain and Italy have ejected the Conservatives and moved to the left - Britain arguably was already there so there was nowhere for the opposition to go.

S America has become more radical not less.

Russia - if it were not for the Soyuz craft the International Space Station would be in trouble. I am not sure what system the Russians are working to - I am not sure the Russians know either. The Sicilian model?

EU: ESA has embarked on exploration both in partnership with NASA, as in the Titan mission, and singularly, as in Mars and Venus.

I think the rest of the world has pretty much a pick and mix view on the American model. Globalisation is an issue and big American corporations are involved. However, jobs moving to China affects Americans just as much as anybody else. It is not all one way traffic.

It is perhaps questionable, therefore, what was actually won after the cold war. Peace and stability? Whatever, it was it is not directly transferable into usable leverage (to use a rather nasty term).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    /moved to The Drawing Room as the original post looked too serious for the lounge.
    Didn't want it reduced to a spam-fest
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast