Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sports Team Favorites

Poster
    Originally posted by pyromonkey+27 April 2003 - 07:43--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pyromonkey @ 27 April 2003 - 07:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Riddler@27 April 2003 - 08:28
    Go Canucks Go......been beating myself up for 20 years over this sorry bunch, but maybe this is their time to shine &#33;
    20 years? did&#39;nt the canucks make it to the finals back when they had the really ugly jersies? [/b][/quote]
    Wow, somebody knows their hockey &#33; Yes, they made it to the finals twice actually, but Lord Stanley&#39;s big shiny ashcan has yet to be paraded around GM Place.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by bronco+27 April 2003 - 19:13--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bronco @ 27 April 2003 - 19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Skillian@27 April 2003 - 17:57
    Well bronco I think we just gifted you the title after todays game.
    Gifted? wouldnt say that m8

Why the sad face,at least THAT other team wont be winning it now [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re right of course. I remember a couple of seasons back when United beat Arsenal to the Premiership by beating Spurs in the last game of the season. The Spurs fans were cheering when Man U scored&#33;

Now, if only Liverpool could get their act together...

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Very Large Member
    Originally posted by Riddler@27 April 2003 - 10:30
    Don&#39;t follow soccer much, but a friend went to the UK and brought me back a York City F.C. cap. I hear they&#39;re the team to beat &#33;&nbsp;
    As a Yorkshire lad I can assure you YCFC are not the team to beat.In fact they are quite an embarrasment&#33;
    I support Leeds United as they are the only team near here that play decent football.
    :lol

Edit:specifics

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by Riddler+27 April 2003 - 20:33--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Riddler @ 27 April 2003 - 20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -pyromonkey@27 April 2003 - 07:43
    <!--QuoteBegin--Riddler
    @27 April 2003 - 08:28
    Go Canucks Go......been beating myself up for 20 years over this sorry bunch, but maybe this is their time to shine &#33;

20 years? did&#39;nt the canucks make it to the finals back when they had the really ugly jersies?
    Wow, somebody knows their hockey &#33; Yes, they made it to the finals twice actually, but Lord Stanley&#39;s big shiny ashcan has yet to be paraded around GM Place. [/b][/quote]
    What they last went to the cup in 94&#39; fools
    Bure won the Calder.

Vancouver has only won the cup once, what year was it ?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    Is this a trick question.......like, when they were the Millionares ? Cuz they&#39;ve been to the finals in 94 like you said and again in 82 vs. the Islanders, but they&#39;ve never won as the &#39;Canucks&#39;.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Favorite Sports Teams:

I&#39;ll give my local favorites and then the other team in that sport I have a soft spot for.

MLB- Yankees. Soft spot for the Pittsburgh Pirates.

NBA- Knicks. Soft spot for the Celtics.

NFL- Giants. Soft spot for the Steelers.

And for football/soccer it would have to be Man U. Sorry guys, they are in business with the Yankees, let the domination continue&#33;

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Skillian+28 April 2003 - 12:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skillian @ 28 April 2003 - 12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -bronco@27 April 2003 - 19:13
    <!--QuoteBegin--Skillian
    @27 April 2003 - 17:57
    Well bronco I think we just gifted you the title after todays game.

Gifted? wouldnt say that m8

Why the sad face,at least THAT other team wont be winning it now
    You&#39;re right of course. I remember a couple of seasons back when United beat Arsenal to the Premiership by beating Spurs in the last game of the season. The Spurs fans were cheering when Man U scored&#33;

Now, if only Liverpool could get their act together... [/b][/quote]
    No, not yet....

I hope Liverpool and Chelsea have a nice 0-0 result soon

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    No, not yet....

I hope Liverpool and Chelsea have a nice 0-0 result soon&nbsp;
    Actually Newcastle are the team I&#39;d must like to see win the Premiership out of all the teams in with a chance (generally I mean, bit too late for this season). But I&#39;d love to see The Toon in the Champions League again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234