Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 202

Thread: Psp

  1. #1
    Basically i'm going to buy a PSP. Im in the Uk and it needs to be firmware 1.5 (Or a version that can play homebrew and downloaded games). I don't give a shit about the extra stuff on the new firmwares like backgrounds and stuff. Anyone know anywhere that sells the PSP that has firmware 1.5 or one that can be used to play pirated games from a 1Gb or 2GB memory stick.

    Also what will i need to play the games? I'm guessing some kinda emulator or image mounter?


  2. Games   -   #2
    Go to Pspupdates.com best place to find all the info you need.
    Systems Specs
    -----------------------------------
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n
    -----------------------------------

  3. Games   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    I don't know where'd you get a 1.5 PSP in the UK.

    But after you do, you can play downloaded PSP games (.iso's) with UMDEmulator 0.8c. Also, newer games come with their own loader, a customized version of RunUMD.

    PSPupdates has some info, but they are against piracy, don't ask for ISO help there, they just flame anyone who does. =/

    PSPcrazy.com has a ton of info, plus a section with direct downloads to ISO's that people post. It's where I get all my games from, but you do need 100 posts to access the download section.

    UMDEmulator 0.8c emulates the ISOs. And newer games come with their own loaders...

  4. Games   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    I don't know where'd you get a 1.5 PSP in the UK.

    But after you do, you can play downloaded PSP games (.iso's) with UMDEmulator 0.8c. Also, newer games come with their own loader, a customized version of RunUMD.

    PSPupdates has some info, but they are against piracy, don't ask for ISO help there, they just flame anyone who does. =/

    PSPcrazy.com has a ton of info, plus a section with direct downloads to ISO's that people post. It's where I get all my games from, but you do need 100 posts to access the download section.

    UMDEmulator 0.8c emulates the ISOs. And newer games come with their own loaders...

    Thanks, i have access to the ISO's via Newsgroups and such. Getting the 1.5 PSP may be the problem. Can you not play ISO's on 2.0 PSP's or 2.01 PSP's or whatever the other versions are?


  5. Games   -   #5
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    1.5 is the only version that you can use to emulate ISOs.

    2.0 can be downgraded to 1.5, and 1.51 or 1.52 can be upgraded to 2.0 and then downgraded to 1.5.

    2.01+ = Nope.



    No Letter = 1.50 (North-American release) Confirmed
    A = 1.50 Confirmed
    B = 1.51 Confirmed
    C = 1.52 Confirmed
    D = 1.52 Unconfirmed (multiple version reports)
    E = 1.52 Confirmed
    F = 2.00 Confirmed
    G = 2.01 Confirmed
    H = 2.50 Confirmed

  6. Games   -   #6
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    511
    Can RunUMD actually harm your PSP in any way? I have some newer games that use it to run and the warning screen when it loads always makes me wonder.

    As for a 1.5 PSP, could always try eBay
    Last edited by mike45450; 04-17-2006 at 08:12 PM.


  7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK, Hampshire
    Age
    35
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by mike45450
    Can RunUMD actually harm your PSP in any way? I have some newer games that use it to run and the warning screen when it loads always makes me wonder.

    As for a 1.5 PSP, could always try eBay
    Its just saying about the "possible" harm running at 333Mhz... Not one confirmed brick from running at 333Mhz the only thing it does do is make the PSP feel a bit warmer and the battery runs out much quicker.

    I have been using RunUMD and the other emu's since they came out and not had any harm done to my PSP... The odd crash from trying to load stuff without all the files but its all safe in books.

  8. Games   -   #8
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    Yup.

    I didn't even know RunUMD ran the games at 333mhz, which is just fine. The PSP was designed to run at 333mhz anyways...

  9. Games   -   #9
    Hmmmmmm nice image Rip, however all shops in the UK just put out dummy boxes and have the real ones locked away out the back.

    Ebay may be my only option but the prices for the V1.5 ones are slightly higher, arround 200 ($370) plus then i'll have to spend another 50 or so on a big memory card.

    I take it all 1.5's can be hacked no if's or but's about it? Also on ebay some are saying somes with X amount of discs with XX amount of games on them, i thought a UMD burner wasn't out yet? Unless they just mean a DVD with loads of homebrew games on them.


  10. Games   -   #10
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Hmmmmmm nice image Rip, however all shops in the UK just put out dummy boxes and have the real ones locked away out the back.

    Ebay may be my only option but the prices for the V1.5 ones are slightly higher, arround 200 ($370) plus then i'll have to spend another 50 or so on a big memory card.

    I take it all 1.5's can be hacked no if's or but's about it? Also on ebay some are saying somes with X amount of discs with XX amount of games on them, i thought a UMD burner wasn't out yet? Unless they just mean a DVD with loads of homebrew games on them.
    Couldn't you ask the shops to bring a few out for you to look at? That's what I did, it's the same here. Tell them you want to buy one, but look at the box before buying it.

    Yeah your gonna need at least a 1gb memory stick...

    1.5's can run unsigned code, and will open just about anything you put on the memory stick, no if's or but's. UMD burners do not exist, I'm sure there are a lot of people selling ISO's on DVDs or CDs on eBay... that's probibly it.

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •