Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Psp

Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Hmmmmmm nice image Rip, however all shops in the UK just put out dummy boxes and have the real ones locked away out the back.

Ebay may be my only option but the prices for the V1.5 ones are slightly higher, arround £200 ($370) plus then i'll have to spend another £50 or so on a big memory card.

I take it all 1.5's can be hacked no if's or but's about it? Also on ebay some are saying somes with X amount of discs with XX amount of games on them, i thought a UMD burner wasn't out yet? Unless they just mean a DVD with loads of homebrew games on them.
    Couldn't you ask the shops to bring a few out for you to look at? That's what I did, it's the same here. Tell them you want to buy one, but look at the box before buying it.

Yeah your gonna need at least a 1gb memory stick...

1.5's can run unsigned code, and will open just about anything you put on the memory stick, no if's or but's. UMD burners do not exist, I'm sure there are a lot of people selling ISO's on DVDs or CDs on eBay... that's probibly it.
    Just brought a PSP on Ebay. The guy had pictures showing the info screen with his Ebay ID and the Firmware as 1.5. Yeah the games that are coming with it are on 15 DVD's. It's the value pack but only comes with a 32mb memory card so i'll have to buy a big one.

Do all the new games get cracked, or are companies adding extra protections thats stopping people running them on 1.5's. Also will running any certain games (real or cracked) accidently update my firmware?

2. Games   -   #12
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Most of the new games are, not all. Some games are still not fully playable, such a Socom (save doesnt work) or Street Fighter 3 (save doesn't work), but so far things are okay.

As time passes companies add more and more protection, and so far it looks like they are winning, but yeah, it's not all bad... you just have to be a little patient sometimes. It's not possible to accidentally update your firmware... you'd have to run it yourself and confirm it afterwards.

3. Games   -   #13
    Okay all seems good.

2GB sticks look like they can be brought for about £40. Although on Ebay quite a few are saying:

This media does support the playback of unsecured MP3 music files.

Any idea what this means?

This was the memory stick i was looking to get:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-2GB-Memor...QQcmdZViewItem

Good one?

4. Games   -   #14
    Okay all seems good.

2GB sticks look like they can be brought for about £40. Although on Ebay quite a few are saying:

This media does support the playback of unsecured MP3 music files.

Any idea what this means?

This was the memory stick i was looking to get:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-2GB-Memor...QQcmdZViewItem

Good one?
    Does support playback of unsecured MP3's... or does not? If it does, then I guess it plays MP3's... not sure. My PSP's played every MP3 I've thrown at it, I don't think you need to worry...

I personally wouldn't buy a memory stick off eBay, because there are fake memory sticks out there. I don't know how to tell what's real and what isn't, I also wouldn't buy it because there are no actual photos of the actual memory stick. But that's just me, do know that there are fake memory sticks out there.

I'd buy one from a trusted store... but again that's just me. =/

5. Games   -   #15
    A friend of mine has a 2.51 PSP and a 2GB stick he got off Ebay for £45 and has had no issues. In the shops they are £79.99 for 1GB so 2GB would be like £150 ($270), Thats over £100 difference.

6. Games   -   #16
    Then go for it.

I'm just paranoid, I've heard stories of cheap memory sticks from eBay with less space on them than listed. =/

7. Games   -   #17
    I also take it that you can only have 1 game on each memory stick? Seems a shame if so because some games are really small (Football Manager is only 40MB yet will be one of the games i play the most).

Whats the best program for converting TV Shows/Movies to the correct format and resolution the PSP uses?

Thanks for the all the help Rip btw.

8. Games   -   #18
    Poster
    I also take it that you can only have 1 game on each memory stick? Seems a shame if so because some games are really small (Football Manager is only 40MB yet will be one of the games i play the most).

Whats the best program for converting TV Shows/Movies to the correct format and resolution the PSP uses?

Thanks for the all the help Rip btw.
    Dont know who said you could only have one game on your memory stick... I have a few on mine at moment I have these...

Lemmings
    Worms
    Gradius
    Burnout

9. Games   -   #19
    Ah no i just guessed as all the NFO's say put the files into a certain folder and run the emulator and click X so i was guessing you could only have 1 games files in that folder.

Also i guess i can play US copied games on a UK PSP because they have no region lock correct?

Just downloaded PSPVideo 9 and converted a quick 5 minute video and the quality was still good.

Also just been reading some NFO's and i take it theres no working GTALCS's ISO? The two i found said in the NFO's they needed hacking and the dump wouldn't run yet.

Edit: Same with Burnout

In there no new method to play these games?
    Last edited by Peerzy; 04-19-2006 at 10:05 PM.

10. Games   -   #20
    1. You can have as many games as you'd like, your only limit being the memory stick's size.

2. Burnout Legends works perfectly with UMDEmulator 0.8c, using System Menu. (System Menu mode takes you back to the PSP's menu, you then go to Game > UMD to play)

3. GTA: LCS also works perfectly with UMDEmulator and MPH's Game Loader, found Here. (Again, use System Menu and it'll take you back to the menu, instead of picking UMD, run MPH Game Loader afterwards.

4. PSPVideo 9 does a good job of converting to MP4's... but, if you'd like, download PMP Mod (a homebrew app that plays PMP videos) and Videora PMP Converter (a PC app to convert videos to PMP format). Why?

MP4 videos on PSP play at 320x240 (the limit), while the PSP has a 480x272 screen, thank you Sony for crippling video playback from the memory stick. PMP Mod lets you play PMP videos, which are converted and play at 480x272... the PSP's native resolution. Giving you a much sharper picture with overall better quality. Take a high quality movie, and convert it to PMP instead of MP4, with a bitrate of 768, and what do you get? Near UMD video quality.

Sorry I don't have links to PMP Mod or Videora PMP converter at the moment.

5. Your welcome.

EDIT:
    6. That's correct, no region lock on PSP games, just PSP's UMD movies.
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 04-20-2006 at 08:40 AM.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast