Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Psp

Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    1. You can have as many games as you'd like, your only limit being the memory stick's size.

2. Burnout Legends works perfectly with UMDEmulator 0.8c, using System Menu. (System Menu mode takes you back to the PSP's menu, you then go to Game > UMD to play)

3. GTA: LCS also works perfectly with UMDEmulator and MPH's Game Loader, found Here. (Again, use System Menu and it'll take you back to the menu, instead of picking UMD, run MPH Game Loader afterwards.

4. PSPVideo 9 does a good job of converting to MP4's... but, if you'd like, download PMP Mod (a homebrew app that plays PMP videos) and Videora PMP Converter (a PC app to convert videos to PMP format). Why?

MP4 videos on PSP play at 320x240 (the limit), while the PSP has a 480x272 screen, thank you Sony for crippling video playback from the memory stick. PMP Mod lets you play PMP videos, which are converted and play at 480x272... the PSP's native resolution. Giving you a much sharper picture with overall better quality. Take a high quality movie, and convert it to PMP instead of MP4, with a bitrate of 768, and what do you get? Near UMD video quality.

Sorry I don't have links to PMP Mod or Videora PMP converter at the moment.

5. Your welcome.

EDIT:
    6. That's correct, no region lock on PSP games, just PSP's UMD movies.
    Nice should be arriving tomorrow, if all goes well. 2GB stick should be enough for at least 3 games then. I was reading last night about that MPH thing, right now it all seems slightly confusing but i'm sure once i get the thing it'll be easy. There just like programs you run in a browser right and select the gae you want or select Run From UMD?

Gonna have a look for Videora PMP Converter in a minute, i've been leeching some games from Newsgroups so far i've got Burnout, GTA, Football Manager, Winning Eleven (Pro Evo), Worms Open Warfare, Lemmings, Metal Gear Acid 2, Daxter, Street Fighter 3, EXIT, POP, Syphon Filter, NFL Street 2 Unleashed.

Any other games i should invest in? I'm thinking i'll grab Fifa when i see it.

The guy who i brought it off is sending 15 DVD's with over 100 homebrew games, emulators and utilities on there so hopefully that'll have some good shit.

By the way whats this i hear about downloading something bad and it 'bricking' your PSP?

2. Games   -   #22
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Bricking basically means that the PSP's software fucks up, and can't boot up anymore. If that happens, you're left with a very expensive brick, hence the term.

Bricking usually only occurs if you flash the PSP's memory (and even so happens very occasionally). Some homebrews flash the memory, and it's best to steer clear of them just in case. If you're upgrading/downgrading firmware and you don't follow the instructions carefully, you can very easily brick your psp that way.

3. Games   -   #23
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    1. You can have as many games as you'd like, your only limit being the memory stick's size.

2. Burnout Legends works perfectly with UMDEmulator 0.8c, using System Menu. (System Menu mode takes you back to the PSP's menu, you then go to Game > UMD to play)

3. GTA: LCS also works perfectly with UMDEmulator and MPH's Game Loader, found Here. (Again, use System Menu and it'll take you back to the menu, instead of picking UMD, run MPH Game Loader afterwards.

4. PSPVideo 9 does a good job of converting to MP4's... but, if you'd like, download PMP Mod (a homebrew app that plays PMP videos) and Videora PMP Converter (a PC app to convert videos to PMP format). Why?

MP4 videos on PSP play at 320x240 (the limit), while the PSP has a 480x272 screen, thank you Sony for crippling video playback from the memory stick. PMP Mod lets you play PMP videos, which are converted and play at 480x272... the PSP's native resolution. Giving you a much sharper picture with overall better quality. Take a high quality movie, and convert it to PMP instead of MP4, with a bitrate of 768, and what do you get? Near UMD video quality.

Sorry I don't have links to PMP Mod or Videora PMP converter at the moment.

5. Your welcome.

EDIT:
    6. That's correct, no region lock on PSP games, just PSP's UMD movies.
    Nice should be arriving tomorrow, if all goes well. 2GB stick should be enough for at least 3 games then. I was reading last night about that MPH thing, right now it all seems slightly confusing but i'm sure once i get the thing it'll be easy. There just like programs you run in a browser right and select the gae you want or select Run From UMD?

Gonna have a look for Videora PMP Converter in a minute, i've been leeching some games from Newsgroups so far i've got Burnout, GTA, Football Manager, Winning Eleven (Pro Evo), Worms Open Warfare, Lemmings, Metal Gear Acid 2, Daxter, Street Fighter 3, EXIT, POP, Syphon Filter, NFL Street 2 Unleashed.

Any other games i should invest in? I'm thinking i'll grab Fifa when i see it.

The guy who i brought it off is sending 15 DVD's with over 100 homebrew games, emulators and utilities on there so hopefully that'll have some good shit.

By the way whats this i hear about downloading something bad and it 'bricking' your PSP?
    Some of my favorite games: GTA (must have), Burnout (must have), Dead to Rights, Street Fighter 3, Tokobot, Exit, Infected (must have), NFS: Most Wanted, Death Jr, Tony Hawks Underground, The Con, Syphon Filter (must have), and Twisted Metal (must have).

Mike summed up bricking, pretty much. Never remove the battery or do anything that'll turn off the PSP while upgrading/downgrading firmware, or running anything that writes to the PSP's flash. Otherwise you can screw it up, and turn it into an expensive brick. The "bad" thing online was a supposed downgrader that bricked your PSP when you ran it. You don't have to worry about it if your gonna get your PSP already at 1.5.

4. Games   -   #24
    Yeah it's already 1.5.

I take it i can play against my mates who have PSP's via the wireless thingy? Not online but if we are in the same room.

Whats the best homebrew stuff you can do with it? Is it just GBC games and SNES stuff?

Any chance you have a link for those two video programs as well? I've googled but no luck.

5. Games   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Yeah it's already 1.5.

I take it i can play against my mates who have PSP's via the wireless thingy? Not online but if we are in the same room.

Whats the best homebrew stuff you can do with it? Is it just GBC games and SNES stuff?

Any chance you have a link for those two video programs as well? I've googled but no luck.
    WiFi works with some games, mostly the older ones. Ad-hoc (same room) and Infastructure (online via wireless router). It just depends on the game.

Best homebrew? ISO loaders (of course), SNES/NES/Genesis emulators, PMP Mod, a few good homebrew games (SuperTux, Attack of the Mutants), and a few apps (Fileassistant++). Tons of homebrew stuff at PSPupdates.com, check their forum if you'd like.

Lemme look for PMP Mod, hold please...

/Elevator music.

6. Games   -   #26

7. Games   -   #27
    Thanks gonna try and convert something now.

Any chance you know if GTA and Burnout allow you to use ad-hoc?

8. Games   -   #28
    Try and convert something that is widescreen (like PSP), and something high quality, use a bitrate of 768... you will get superb quality.

Ad-hoc works just fine with Burnout Legends.

GTA will only load with MPH's Game Loader, and (as of right now) ad-hoc or sleep mode do not work. =/

9. Games   -   #29
    Poster
    Just got my PSP....all the normal ones in the shop were 2.6 or 2.5 so I had to settle for a ceramic PSP instead with 2.0 firmware.

Now I was wondering if I downgrade to 1.5....will I still have the web browser?

Or is there some app that tells the PSP it is at 1.5 while still on 2.0 or the other way round? With all that "bricking" talk, I don't want to go wrong

10. Games   -   #30
    Poster
    Oh one thing I forgot to say...

Get ScummVm... It allows you to play old point n click classics like...

Monkey Island
    Day of The Tentacle
    Sam n Max
    Broken Sword
    Full Throttle

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast