Thread: Infringement notice after edonkey download

Recently i downloaded a file using edonkey. Within days of the download I was sent an infringement notice for the download. This was my first time using edonkey. I stopped using edonkey after that. I have been using Azureus and Bittorrent for several months now and not received any infringement notice. Does this mean Azureus and Bittorrent are "safer" for keeping ip addresses more private? Anyone else have experience with this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by coppercox
    Does this mean Azureus and Bittorrent are "safer" for keeping ip addresses more private?
    Nope...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    use Peer Guardian next time.
    Block those mothers.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Kirkedir's Avatar Eagle Hunter BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    If u think to use edonkey again u should use block list.

If any one needed I can upload it.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    objectivist
    you got caught in a honey pot, had a few meself software anti-piracy or whatever logged your ip sent a note the your isp etc - most tos give the isp all the power so they could fire your ass, but more than likely they're are just being politically correct to the org that logged your ip. still, doesn't give you the warm and fuzzy's, i've had them with peer guardian and filter lists so if those help, they're not absolute

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    If you use azureus, download and use the safepeer plugin
    http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugi...lugin=safepeer

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I've had the same problem and immediately informed my ISP that the file was being deleted. Since using PeerGuardian, I've had no problems. By the same token, I'm using usenet (a pay server: newshosting.com) for most movies and TV shows. That and music is where most of the spies are lurking.