Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shearer Finished

It seems he injured the ligaments in his knee today and probably wont play for Newcastle again. Whatever you think of him, or the clubs he played for, he has been one of Englands greatest ever strikers. I dont think anyone can argue with that.

Well done to him and I hope he has a happy retirement from playing the game. Maybe he will manage Newcastle one day. I think the fans would like that.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    /me thinks that any person who has a black void where a personality should be and a problem uttering the words 'I' and 'me', would be a particularly poor manager.

As someone who likes watching Newcastle play but isn't emotionally involved with the club, I wouldn't like to see Shearer manage them because it would be to their undoubted detriment and may see them slip down a league or two.

Oh, this is a 'Happy Retirement' thread, is it.

All the best, cunt-face.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Not bad, in your last game you help thrash the local "rivals".

He'll probably do well as a manager but obviously not as well as me who has taken Gateshead to the Championship and Canada to the 2nd round of the World Cup.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    International management is for gheys, especially international management of lolboys.
    It's hot in Topeka.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    International management is for gheys, especially international management of lolboys.
    I have retired as Canadia manager now. I have done my bit by bringing a little bit of joy to their otherwise joyless country.

Brazil have won the 2006, 2010 and 2014 World Cups. That's a bit depressing.
    Last edited by Cheese; 04-18-2006 at 01:33 PM.

6. Sports Club   -   #6

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yeah, but look what happened when David Rocastle died from aids or whatever, people were lining up to say how he was one of the best young midfielders of his generation but in reality, he was fairly average, farmed out to rubbish sides like Leeds and Man City in his mid-twenties and hardly got a game.

It's the same everywhere with these eulogies. Princess Diana was feted as some kind of saint when she was pretty much just a well-advised airhead tart. All those soundalike rappers who died are widely thought to be much better than the surviving few who churn out exactly the same stuff as the dead ones did.

It's only becaue they're dead and people think they have to be nice about them all of a sudden
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Shearer's dead?

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Yeah, but look what happened when David Rocastle died from aids or whatever, people were lining up to say how he was one of the best young midfielders of his generation but in reality, he was fairly average, farmed out to rubbish sides like Leeds and Man City in his mid-twenties and hardly got a game.

It's the same everywhere with these eulogies. Princess Diana was feted as some kind of saint when she was pretty much just a well-advised airhead tart. All those soundalike rappers who died are widely thought to be much better than the surviving few who churn out exactly the same stuff as the dead ones did.

It's only becaue they're dead and people think they have to be nice about them all of a sudden
    I didn't know Rocastle died.

Anyhow, Shearer was a better footballer than him and Princess Diana and any rapper I care to mention so I don't really see your point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast