Thread: Blue Screen Error

I already made a post about this and i thought it would be better to redo it.. when im on the computer for like 5 min a blue screen comes up and i have to shutdown. well when i flip flopped the memory around it worked for like 3 weeks straight now its coming up again. the messages goes like this

The messages says:
    A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    Kernal_Stack_Inpage_Error
    If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer, if this screen appears agian, follow these steps:
    check to make sure any new hardware or software is propertly installed. if this is a new installation ask your harware or software manufactuer for any windows upadtes you meed need.
    if problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. disable BIos memory options such as caching or shadowing if you need to use sfe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press f8 to select advanced startup options. and then selectt safe mode.
    Technical information:
    STOP: 0x00000077 (0xc000000E,0x00000000,0x00400000)
    Begining dump of physical memory

Does this mean now tht my memory sockets or whtever their called are bad or is it the ram?? i put in a new psu incase tht was it but it wasnt.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Try cleaning the RAM contacts.

Also check here: http://www.theallineed.com/computers/05021104.htm

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    im lookin at them and it is really dusty so tht may be it and also do not use a qtip correct?
    Last edited by bikejumpr2020; 04-18-2006 at 08:50 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Dust could be the problem.

You should really open your case and clean the dust once every year or so.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    its not permanitly damaged is it? could i use a air compressor to blow air in it or do i have to get those bottles they sell at the store?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    It sounds like a software issue and not hardware related. (I won't go into the "dust" probability)

I'm assuming you have WinXp or XP Pro. If so, grab your disc and boot into the Recovery Console and make some repairs. If not familiar with the Recovery Console a quick Google serch will yield plenty of help.

/all I've got.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228753&sd=RMVP

The parameters are:
    1. Status code
    2. I/O status code
    3. Page file number
    4. Offset into page file

You left out the first parameter, but from the rest we can work this out:

The second parameter in the stop message is 0xC000000E, which is STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE: the drive went unavailable, possibly a bad hard drive, disk array, and/or controller card.

This indicates that the system can't find the drive with the pagefile, possibly indicating that the drive is starting to go faulty. It can be caused by a boot sector virus, but I think it is unlikely. My bet is that if you reboot with the reset button your system won't see the drive and will be unable to boot, but if you actually power down the system and restart from "cold" then it will reboot. If that's the case then it definitely isn't caused by a virus. Check your drive connectors and get the drive manufacturers diagnostics (as VB has mentioned in your previous thread).
    Last edited by lynx; 04-19-2006 at 09:03 AM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    This is wht hapens when i turn on the computer it doesnt turn on the monitor so i have to keep turnin it off and on and then eventually it comes on but then after it loads the hp screen it goes to a black screen and when i hit a buton it says operating system not found but if i open up the computer and unplug the ide cable from the hd and plug it back in it will boot up.. is this the hd failing or is it a component in my cpu... the hd is a seagate 160gb its like 2years old.
    Last edited by bikejumpr2020; 04-19-2006 at 08:56 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    I would suggest the problem lies in one of 4 areas:

Hdd
    Motherboard
    IDE cable
    Power connector

I assume there's a spare power connector, so try that one first. It's quite likely that in removing and replacing the IDE cable that you disturb the power connector, so if the connection is faulty you could be doing enough to get it working. If it cures the problem then the fault is in the power connector.

Next, try a replacement IDE cable. Again, I assume there's one going to the hdd and one going to the optical drive(s). Try swapping them (swap both ends so that the drive stays on the primary controller). If it cures the problem then the fault is in the IDE cable - get a new one.

Next, try the diagnostics, get the desktop version here.
    Unfortunately intermittent problems won't necessarily show up on the diagnostics, so while detecting a problem means you've found the fault, not detecting problems doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.

Next, try swapping the IDE cables again, but one end only, so that the drive is on the secondary channel. I've left this till last because some systems won't operate this way, those that will may require you to make some changes in the bios, and even then your OS may object. However, if this one cures the problem then you've got a faulty motherboard.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.