Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Tool album ~~10,000 Days~~

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    I'm a huge Tool fan, but so far I'm not impressed with this album... Of course I wasn't impressed with Lateralus at first either... Something I've learned about Tool is that their music has to grow on you. It took a few times through Lateralus before I appreciated it for what it's worth, but now I think it's amazing. I'm really hoping the same to be true for the new album.
    Same, I'm actually just beginning to like it (hopefully will appreciate it sooner or later, I"m guessing lol).

Same thing with me and almost any album. I fucking hated Hypnotize when I first heard it, had to listen to it a couple of times (not forced mind you, listen to it at random or you know just turn on when I'm doing homework or something, let it work into me in a subdued way, not blatant).

I guess you can say that with any album (all three Slipknot albums [MFKR, Self titled, Volume 3], hated it at first, couldn't live without [still true now] after the first month of listening, except Iowa and 9.0, I still kinda don't like Iowa, and 9.0 was by far the worst editing job dont to a CD ever).

The only, and I mean the only albums that didn't require multiple repeats to get me hooked were:

-And Justice For All
    -Kill em All
    -Master of Puppets
    -Allstar Session (Roadrunner United)
    --> some crappy songs on there, but overall good
    -Iron Maiden (self titled)
    -Out of Exile
    -Stone Sour
    -Toxicity
    -Mesmerize

"Honorable mention":

Hybrid Theory + Meteora
    --> exact opposite happened here, loved it at first, bored with it after 2 weeks or so, still good while it lasted I won't lie there.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 04-26-2006 at 06:46 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Music   -   #32
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i was just checking out last.fm's top charts.

'vicarious' jumps 493 spots in a week to number 1. 'jambi' and 'the pot' enter the charts in the top 10. it's cool that everyone still rocks tool.
    Last edited by lee551; 04-26-2006 at 07:02 PM.

3. Music   -   #33
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Wow, that's awesome.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234