Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: uTorrent vs. Azureus

My fav. is Azureus
    utorrent...its too simple...

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    justinius23's Avatar Poster
    definitely utorrent, it does everything i need it to and doesn't eat resources for breakfast. i started with azureus and while it is a good client it doesn't do anything (for me) that utorrent can't.

to finish: utorrent OWNS azureus

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    utorrent uses the least amount of memory according to my windows task manager. azureus took way too much

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    azureus is a pig, hard on cpu and memory. Utorrent rocks

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    are they still upgrading utorrent?

azureus is open source and more features that utorrent.

those who say azureus is a resource hog or cpu hog - either have a slow computer or do not have azureus setup correctly.

az uses 1 percent of my cpu and 144k of memory.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Azureus has plugins and until uTorrent does the same it will always be inferior. Stuffer for blocking bad clients is my favourite but there are dozens that I use.

As for resource hog, I have no issues running on a P2 550 with 768mb ram (just a shitbox I made out of spare parts).

For features you can't beat Azureus.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    utorrent

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    i have used azureus,bitcomet and utorrent.i like both bitcomet and utorrent.they both are equally good.but utorrent is the most lightest torrent client u can find

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    µTorrent is the sleekest client of them all, Ludde is doing a great job.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by forteagle
    are they still upgrading utorrent?

azureus is open source and more features that utorrent.

those who say azureus is a resource hog or cpu hog - either have a slow computer or do not have azureus setup correctly.

az uses 1 percent of my cpu and 144k of memory.
    So quick to judge. For me, Azureus will take up 100+MBs cause I'm milking it for all it's worth.

I switched from Azureus to uTorrent for this reason and I was pleasantly suprised. I do have a problem though that nobody has mentioned. (this happened after my XP Pro laptop died and went to the Home Edition, otherwise it's pretty much the same, just a little upgrade) My computer slows way down because of uTorrent. I get a Disc Overloaded 100% notification on the bottom middle section. The FAQ says to change the Advanced settings and I've done that but I still get the disc overload. My question is: What are the best settings when you're downloading/uploading about 50 torrents at a top speed around 150k?

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by ladida68; 05-24-2006 at 12:48 AM.

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast