Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cryteks new Sci-Fi Shooter Crysis

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean
    The game looks pretty complicated. The power thingy that you ca break walls with punches is a bit stupid. And the fact that needs Windows Vista with DX10 is just as bad.
    Microsoft will do anything to make money, haven't we already gone over this lesson before?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Does look good but why is everyone so surprised about the requirements ?

Games have always been the driving force in computer technology , can't play the game ? Buy more memory , better video card etc.

3. Games   -   #13
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Crytek ownz j00!

4. Games   -   #14
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ba...lefield%202142

This game looks nice and promising. Is the new Battlefield 2142. In the demostration they said that they are trying to keep the System Specs as close to Battlefield 2 as possible so that people can plsy the game without the fear of having to upgrade their pc and still enjoy the game! If this game is as good as it looks, it will sell a lot of copies. And this is how they will make money! Fecking MS.

However System Specs for this game haven't been out yet so we don't know iif it will be just for Vista or not.

5. Games   -   #15

This game looks nice and promising. Is the new Battlefield 2142. In the demostration they said that they are trying to keep the System Specs as close to Battlefield 2 as possible so that people can plsy the game without the fear of having to upgrade their pc and still enjoy the game! If this game is as good as it looks, it will sell a lot of copies. And this is how they will make money! Fecking MS.

However System Specs for this game haven't been out yet so we don't know iif it will be just for Vista or not.
    They said it requires DirectX 10 and MS has already stated numerous times that DirectX 10 is a feature for only and I mean ONLY Windows Vista. XP will not/cannot support DX10. Therefore, even though the developers haven't said it, it is safe to assume that it's for Windows Vista only (for now anyway).

6. Games   -   #16
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    not all cards support dx9 and i haven't heard this much crying cuz of that. what's the deal? me, i'm saving my $$$'s as we speak. my next machine will hopefully be killer!!! mmmmm, crossfire with a hint of quad core and 4gb of sys mem. w0w! sounds yummy.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Games   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    not all cards support dx9 and i haven't heard this much crying cuz of that. what's the deal? me, i'm saving my $$$'s as we speak. my next machine will hopefully be killer!!! mmmmm, crossfire with a hint of quad core and 4gb of sys mem. w0w! sounds yummy.
    Sounds awesome, dude you should get liquid cooling since you're gonna be spending so much anyway, might as well go all out

8. Games   -   #18
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    Sounds awesome, dude you should get liquid cooling since you're gonna be spending so much anyway, might as well go all out
    maybe, idk. there's always a first. this current rig needs upgrades badly, but i can't see myself wasting any money on her. how i want to though... she's the last on the dying agp.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

9. Games   -   #19
    I'm saving money aswell. I just got a job for the summer. 500 pounds per month taxedless since i'm not 18 yet, Sweet! 500 p ~ $1000

I'll buy a new Card, Another 512 Ram or sell the whole thing to get An AMD 64bit haven't decided yet!

10. Games   -   #20
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3

Sick

Slightly OT, but as a hardened BF2 veteran, I will not be spending anymore money with the EA/Dice partnership with regards to BF2142. Maybe if EA/Dice had given proper support to the BF2 franchise, and not constantly fecked it up patch after patch, I may have been interested in it. But as things stand it's a non starter. Also the the whole 'Modern Combat' thing was what really hooked me in the first place. So maybe I'm a little biased.

In saying that if there is futuristic war type game of that ilk that I will be going for then Enemy Territory: Quake Wars looks like its going to grind BF2142 into dust, I certainly hope so.

http://www.totalquakewars.com
    http://www.enemyterritory.com

Hmm yummy.
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 06-19-2006 at 03:37 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast