View Poll Results: Scientology - What do you think?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harmless Fun

2 7.14%
  • Dangerous Cult

19 67.86%
  • God's honest truth

1 3.57%
  • Just a trendy fad that will soon pass

4 14.29%
  • Don't know

2 7.14%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Scientology - harmless fun or dangerous cult

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Yes; Mel Gibson suffered some slings and arrows, as I recall...had you forgotten?
    the question was to you. your opinion, if cruise was "praising jesus" would his celebrity be an issue.
    I have no problem with any celeb. stating their opinions, political or religious. I only have a problem with people who try to force others to live by their "values".

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    My question was if Cruise is officially a spokesman or just someone open or vocal about his religion....hardly unusual....... that happens to be famous.
    well, no, if the question be "is tom cruise (or any other celebrity) an official spokesperson for the Church Of Scientology proper?"

but many (most?) celebrity scientologists do have "official spokesperson" status within scientology organizations that are clearly separate in name only. tom's unwieldy job-title is International Ambassador for Applied Scholastics International.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678