Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Whats the best firewall?

I use a long Time Sygate Personal Firewall Pro.
    It is the best for me.

Greetz

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    Yes, Outpost has certainly impressed me.
    It's the only one since @Guard that I've installed and immediately thought Yeah!
    I had AOL McAfee, I just switched to Symantec Corp. Edition V10 for Antivirus and Outpost because I saw your post. I gotta tell ya I love my new security setup. Outpost seems to be very hardcore. I also have less memory usage and my computer seems to be faster.

(I'm completely gone from AOL now.)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt
    Yes, Outpost has certainly impressed me.
    It's the only one since @Guard that I've installed and immediately thought Yeah!
    I had AOL McAfee, I just switched to Symantec Corp. Edition V10 for Antivirus and Outpost because I saw your post. I gotta tell ya I love my new security setup. Outpost seems to be very hardcore. I also have less memory usage and my computer seems to be faster.

All you've got to do now is switch to Kaspersky or NOD32 antivirus and you're all done.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt

All you've got to do now is switch to Kaspersky or NOD32 antivirus and you're all done.
    I've heard mixed feelings on NOD32. Kaspersky? That just sounds stupid... Nah, but I've never heard of that one and I just used up some of my ratio on Oink for Symantec so I'm a gonna use that for a while. Ninja Stealth Firewall ON!
    ----------
    Off Topic: Man, I'm currently being bombarded with MediaSentry, AdBrite, Inc., Comverse, Inc., and SafeNet, Inc. (billion of them!) IPs. MediaSentry & AdBrite are port 80, and I'm only on this website...Dude ...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Norton - never had any problems with it really except one day it just kept on getting disabled. So i switched firewalls. Norton, although known for its resource usage [and the zillions proceses u see in taskmanager], it was ok for me.

Zonelaram, i installed it and everything but whnever i tried to connect to the net, i got that blue screen of death. So uninstalled it quickly.

I use outpost now and everytime i do a test, everythings stealthed and passed with flying colors. I have to thank outpost for encouraging me to learn about rules and ports etc [something i never bothered with norton]. I love outpost's logging too and its detail. The inbuilt plugins are great too. So outpost gets my vote The only gripe i have with outpost is that it doesnt work well with my tv capture card.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    126gb
    I've tried zone alarm and I didn't like that softaware at all. Someone comes always through and crashes my computer. But now i'm using Norton Internet Security 2006 and no problems at all. My recommendation goes to Norton.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I have used Blackice and Zonealarm and wasn't happy with either of them and have now moved on to Sygate. the only reservation I have is as it's a discontinued line so to speak is that a worry I mean how long will it still be relevent considering how fast things move in the IT sector? other than that I think Sygate rocks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234