Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Vs Irc

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    irc is easy, with the flood of sites like packetnews, ircyspy, etc... even noobs can do it.

it was hard back in the day, fserves, and what, but now, its cake.

nice connection jibby, whats ur max down speed for ur cable?

minds only 768 down, , so usually my max is like 75kB/s

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@26 April 2003 - 20:10
    irc is easy, with the flood of sites like packetnews, ircyspy, etc... even noobs can do it.

it was hard back in the day, fserves, and what, but now, its cake.

nice connection jibby, whats ur max down speed for ur cable?

minds only 768 down, , so usually my max is like 75kB/s
    Hard to say really. The cable company quoted me the standard 768 down too. When I test the actual speed fed from a DS3 (45mbps), it comes back much higher. I just did a test here. Here are the results:

Your download speed : 1167358 bps, or 1167 kbps.
    A 142.4 KB/sec transfer rate.

Normally its higher than this, but I have Kazaa and IRC running right now. With no filesharing programs running, i'm around 1400 or so.

My advice is to tip the installer before he installs your cable modem.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    IRC is by far better then kazaa. IRC gets everything first. It didnt even take long for me to learn the commands and such either. It took like a week.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    me use urc for 2 week now but the queue make me sick sometime need to wait for a day before download start can anyone help?? or tips on speeding up download speed and faster queue

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Guys I have been using irc for ages and I really like it for chatting, but since I stopped that sh*t a long time ago I haven't been using it... ANd the servers have changed alot I have noticed, so can anyone, who is using irc for downloads, give me a good server and the channel that you get files off of it please

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Originally posted by xbiggy69@27 April 2003 - 03:51
    Guys I have been using irc for ages and I really like it for chatting, but since I stopped that sh*t a long time ago I haven't been using it... ANd the servers have changed alot I have noticed, so can anyone, who is using irc for downloads, give me a good server and the channel that you get files off of it please
    IRCspy

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Thanks sk8punk151..
    But I have one question...
    is there a possibility that I get a fake file ?

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    yeah but that is about a 5% chance... like theres one matrix reloaded on there that someone forgot to take off it was an aporil fools joke

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    I USED TO DO IRC LIKE ALL THOSE SCRITS AND STUFF LIKE EXCURSION INVISION ALL THOSE BUT WHO KNOW HOW MANY VIRUSES CAME WITH IT EVEN WIT NORTON RUNNING PEOPLE WERE HACKING MY COMP SO I HAVENT WENT BACK SINCE fucking IRC:BACKDOOR BULLSHIT IRC:FLOOD IRC:ZBACKNETS fIREDAEMON LL THESE GAY VIRUSES I REACOMEND NOOO
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Originally posted by infamousalbo101@27 April 2003 - 06:11
    I USED TO DO IRC LIKE ALL THOSE SCRITS AND STUFF LIKE EXCURSION INVISION ALL THOSE BUT WHO KNOW HOW MANY VIRUSES CAME WITH IT EVEN WIT NORTON RUNNING PEOPLE WERE HACKING MY COMP SO I HAVENT WENT BACK SINCE fucking IRC:BACKDOOR BULLSHIT IRC:FLOOD IRC:ZBACKNETS fIREDAEMON LL THESE GAY VIRUSES I REACOMEND NOOO
    I can guarantee you, you have a 90% better chance of getting a virus on kazaa then you do on IRC. I am sure you have a virus from kazaa right now that you arent even aware of.

I HIGLY suggest using irc for big files rather then kazaa, but if u want to download a simple song or image then use kazaa. Its just the bigger files come through faster on IRC and most likely dont have a virus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast