Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kazaa Vs Irc

Poster
    just woke up afta leaving some files to dwnld of irc to find not one has completed. final destination 2 just seem to of stopped3/4 of the way thru. anybody tell me why?

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by Jibbler@26 April 2003 - 19:31
    Hard to say really. The cable company quoted me the standard 768 down too. When I test the actual speed fed from a DS3 (45mbps), it comes back much higher. I just did a test here. Here are the results:

Your download speed : 1167358 bps, or 1167 kbps.
    A 142.4 KB/sec transfer rate.

Normally its higher than this, but I have Kazaa and IRC running right now. With no filesharing programs running, i'm around 1400 or so.

My advice is to tip the installer before he installs your cable modem.
    Jebus... I got the shaft... hell i mighta gave him a bj for rates like that... j/k... you didnt did you??? hehehe... much love..

But in all seriousness, those are damn fine rates, double in theory, what you should be getting... maybe your pipeline from the cable co isnt as full as mine, say in your neighborhood, etc, and when its not running at max... they let individuals take more of the pipe maybe?

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    how do i download using mIRC after i do /list what do i do to download movies?

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Originally posted by Dapadipz@27 April 2003 - 13:34
    how do i download using mIRC after i do /list what do i do to download movies?
    Here is some info on how to use mIRC to download stuff with.
    using mIRC

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@27 April 2003 - 02:58
    But in all seriousness, those are damn fine rates, double in theory, what you should be getting... maybe your pipeline from the cable co isnt as full as mine, say in your neighborhood, etc, and when its not running at max... they let individuals take more of the pipe maybe?
    Just keep in mind, cable is based upon a network. Once the amount of users overcomes the amount of available bandwidth, then your IP has to add another server and re-distribute the network traffic. Where I live puts me close to the hub of all this madness. So everytime there is a new server added, I get moved to it. This is nothing more than geographical luck.

My cable guy replaced everything. He replaced the drop wire from the pole to the house, gave me all new inside wiring, and even brought me a choice of modems to see which was most reliable. I have some experience with this, since I've been a broadband subscriber for about 7 years. After it was all done, my connection speed was perfect. Sure wish they would give me full upload bandwidth, then I'd be impressed. Greasing the palms of your installer is always key, but you need to do it before the service, not after.
    Proud member of MDS

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Here is some info on how to use mIRC to download stuff with.
    using mIRC
    thanks crackman

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Poster
    I've been using packetseek it is like kazaa but on the irc network. Its avaliable from www.packetseek.com .

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by gaun@26 April 2003 - 22:17
    wow good reply, is there no fake files on irc? im gettin final destination 2dvdscrxvid-dvl anyone know if this is real?
    what server r u on?

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Poster
    look how old these posts are dude i started this ages ago dunno y its suddenly at the top?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123