Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Places - The FA

The search, at the FA website, gave us

"... The UEFA Champions League is open to each national association's ... just behind them in the domestic championship table ... by an association and their entry point in ... "

Which suggested we had a result.

The link http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/ContactUs...ionUnpublished

I'm finding it hard to find another similarly limited page.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    erm the link is dead and im not quite getting what your really pointing out.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    It's a carry on from the other thread.

We found out that the onus would be on the FA to apply for Arsenal to go into next years CL if they win it this year and they finish below fourth in this year's EPL.

It would make sense for the FA to have already made their position clear (that Arsenal would go thro' and Spurs would go into the UEFA cup, as everyone seems to have assumed).

However, I can't find a statement from the FA to this effect.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

In fact you could say, you've got sweet FA, from the FA

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play

We found out that the onus would be on the FA to apply for Arsenal to go into next years CL if they win it this year and they finish below fourth in this year's EPL.

It would make sense for the FA to have already made their position clear (that Arsenal would go thro' and Spurs would go into the UEFA cup, as everyone seems to have assumed).

Wasn't this all clarified ages ago?

If Arsenal win the CL they must (as per UEFA) defend the title so the 4th placed Premiership team loses their spot.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB

Wasn't this all clarified ages ago?

If Arsenal win the CL they must (as per UEFA) defend the title so the 4th placed Premiership team loses their spot.
    Apparently not, mate. Tho' I thought so too.

In the other thread a link was posted to the UEFA rule change where it stipulates that if the winner of the cup does not qualify for next years tournament by right, then the regulatory body can make an application for them to participate at the expense of the 4th placed team.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Rule 1.03 regarding qualifying teams makes reference to it. It only really effects countries with 4 places though.

Maybe the FA have already said what they will do if it happens, which is why I was looking on their website. I thought it was really funny that page was unavailable. As if someone had thought, shit we dont want commited on this one.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Im pretty sure the fa have said if someone finishes outside the champions league places but wins it they will go forward in place of the person in 4th. sorry cant find any url to confirm it though.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Arsenal winning the Champions League would be a nightmare. It would be horrific if we finished fourth and weren't in it, watching some team from one of those tiny little countries playing in the Champions League.
    Martin Jol.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Fuck them cunts, who gives a fuck.
    Arsene Wenger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast