Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is someone pissing about?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Ross, can you just ban that ip and be done with it?

yo

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    My guess, and thus probably the truth, is that it is some Spanish guy with a limited knowledge of the English language trying to get himself some invites for the private torrent sites by hacking established member's (and Skizo's) accounts.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    What if it's an ISP that uses a proxy system for it's members? Then you would be banning eveyone. That seems a bit unfair.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk
    What if it's an ISP that uses a proxy system for it's members? Then you would be banning eveyone. That seems a bit unfair.
    Collateral damage?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    lynx's Avatar .
    I've seen no evidence that it is a proxy, and I've tried to use that address as a proxy with no response. If it was an ISP's proxy it would almost certainly give an "unauthorised use" error message.

In any case, we've been blocking that address since late Monday/early Tuesday and there's been no evidence of anyone complaining.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx

I've seen no evidence that it is a proxy, and I've tried to use that address as a proxy with no response. If it was an ISP's proxy it would almost certainly give an "unauthorised use" error message.

In any case, we've been blocking that address since late Monday/early Tuesday and there's been no evidence of anyone complaining.
    Is that because they can't log in to complain
    It's hot in Topeka.

7. Lounge   -   #37

Good idea, I didn't realize it would give you such a message if it was an ISP's proxy. I thought it would just not let you use it.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    manker's Avatar effendi

Well, how could they complain if they were blocked from using the site.

Btw, how many ports of the possible 65535 ports it could have been did you try with the 'proxy'. If you didn't use a port then the browser will automatically default to port 80 but, obviously, a proxy can use any one of the 65 thousand or so and won't work with any of the others.

Did you try them all
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Proxys usually work on port 8080, don't they?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Well, how could they complain if they were blocked from using the site.
    They could use a proxy.
    Last edited by Chip Monk; 04-28-2006 at 09:16 AM.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast