Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spice Up Your Desktop Wallpaper

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ever heard of Webshots Desktop? You might have seen it, but dicided to ignore it thinking it's some sorta spyware scam instead, right?
    Well I dicided to try it out myself and I'm amazed. It is free of charge, free of spyware, and it's got alot of neat stuff. It can rotate your desktop wallpaper 1 per new day(it does'nt hog resources and if you turn off your computer, the next day it will just rotate it automaticly).
    It's even got a screensaver that swaps through all all your photos, a calendar that can sit on your desktop, etc.
    It's a since to add pictures...just goto the Webshots Image Gallery, click an image you want.. then it will load its details..then click the image and the webshots program will automaticly download and configure it for you. Quick and Simple.

Download WebshotsDesktop here
    (choose from a category of pictures you want it to start out with)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Correct me if I'm wrong but previously I had webshots and it DID contain spyware !
    Which tools did you check with?

Did check up new version and couldnt find spywarecomponents.
    Old version used to have gatorware.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    the new one doesnt.

I used AdAware Pro 6 Corporate (i updated it today..and constantly allways)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I tried it a couple of years ago and it not only had spyware, it screwed up Windows pretty badly. I was running 98SE at the time.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well the new one is completely clean, even The Screen Savers people recommended it: http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answers...3420782,00.html

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    What for, it's BS either way.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I put it in for a trial. It looks improved. However, they still badger you continuously to upgrade to subscription basis.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    get panorama 32 form here
    http://www.ivory.org/panorama.html

just try it people

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    this is the part of webshots that makes me nervous
    Webshots is MORE than just Software....

Webshots is the #1 destination for downloading, sharing, and storing photos online. When you download and install the Webshots Desktop, you get access to our popular Webshots Daily website, where you can pick up the FREE Daily PhotosTM and access news headlines, weather, search, cool sites, and horoscopes. You can also send free photo postcards, upload your own photos to share with friends and family, and order prints and gifts from your digital images. You'll even get a free homepage for your personal photo albums!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Nice Webshots...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast