Thread: Problems Installing Office Xp

hammermaff's Avatar Poster
    I've just tried to install office xp which i d/lded from the verifieds but i keep getting this error message:

I've tried installing from a cd i've burnt also direct from hd. Is there anything i can do to sort this out? anyones help in this will be Much!! appreciated.

many thanks

Maff :beerchug:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    imported_stg1123
    Easy,
    Download an uncorrupted version, earbiscuits is the one you want i think or something like that, but dont give up it coulod take a couple of times until you get an uncorrupted one.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks stg! Thought as much (pain in the arse glad i don't have 56kb)

Maff

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Cheers balamm!, i'll give it a go. :beerchug:

Many thanks!

Maff

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thanks to you both!!

I decided to d/ld the earbiscuits version using the search (found approx. 1200 users) installed and working superbly!!

Many thanks again!!

Maff

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    did you download an iso of office xp?
    if you did, then you might not have needed to redownload another copy.
    sometimes you can repair an iso file using WinISO. i downloaded a game a while back and it had a problem in one of the cab files. rather than redownload, i decided to try to use winiso, and amazingly, i got the game to work in about 5 minutes.
    if the "corrupt" file is contained within an iso, there may be hope to save it rather than have to download again

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    @amphoteric : Too late i've already d/lded and installed..... But i did try to repair using winiso first, but it was having none of it!

Cheers!

Maff

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    yeah, i knew it was too late for this time, thought it may be useful for the next time it happens. however you already know about winiso, so it was basically a rubbish post.
    i apologise profusely

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    dult2003
    Hey guys, I have the earbiscuts version, but do I burn it to a CD, or run from the hard Drive. If I do either of those, can I use Word's Speech recognition Software? Thanks.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    dult2003 & hammermaff, ur current os, was it dl from p2p? if so, u may have dld a copy without VM (virtual machine). if that's the case, google it.