Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP Genuine Advange MUST READ!

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Quote Originally Posted by sabasarwar
    I have a problem that I need sum help with. I have just bought an MP3 player & tried to install software. An error message came uo saying that SP1 was required & the software couldnt be loaded. I gather SP1 relates to Windows XP professional and its not only my computer because I burnt the XP cd. I need some advice on how to get the SP1 on my computer without buying the XP software & without losing all files on my computer. Please help!
    Please ask questions ONLY ONCE! https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=117733

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234

Even tho computers have taught me patience ,you know building ,trouble shooting bla bla , "fff "that when they don't work right .

On a serious note did anyone try the Micro-slapwinblows trick ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Windows automatic updates told me that I needed that, but I clicked custom>>unchecked it>>never tell me about this again. And I didnt get it! Yay. But my windows is legit so I dont think it matters anyways. I just dont want something funky like that on my pc.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Your lucky buddie, I have installed the VLK on about 10 computers so trying to keep up to Microslut .

For what its worth found another way, it works because my friends are now getting hardware updates as well such as ATI drivers and the like . Not that I would recommend installing them as their usually old .

Go to the folder "x:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Windows Genuine Advantage\data" on your hard drive and you see a file called data.dat, edit it with notepad, delete all the text, save the empty file, right click properties tick read only and you're done.

Probably wont work for long but use it while you can .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    For what its worth found another way, it works because my friends are now getting hardware updates as well such as ATI drivers and the like . Not that I would recommend installing them as their usually old .

Go to the folder "x:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Windows Genuine Advantage\data" on your hard drive and you see a file called data.dat, edit it with notepad, delete all the text, save the empty file, right click properties tick read only and you're done.

Probably wont work for long but use it while you can .
    That's interesting. Maybe after you save the empty file, you could use: Encrypt contents to secure data.

I'm not sure if it will do any good but it could prevent the file from being altered without your permission.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    do it have other draw back excluding update ?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    @vb , thats a neat idea will have to try it thank you .

@swati , thats a big enough of a draw back for me ,its only the start mabye it checks for cracked games next .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Hmm anyone have any news about the new update for Windows? Since i tried updating and it lead me to a screen wher ei HAVE TO install something to go any further, but when it was updating.. I noticed it had to do with the Genuine Adcantage and canceled right away.. I would like more news upon this before I continue.

Edit: Bah... Now I am stuck with it installed >< lol... Dumb me.. well I guess time for me to wait for a Bypass or something since Trixie don't work anymore.
    Last edited by LilAznAccommodator; 05-26-2006 at 06:12 AM.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    just restore to day before you did update and when it wants to update next time dont do it

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Hmm I mean when I click on Custom the only thing it leads to is the Mandatory Download of it, so doens't really matter, oh well... I shall just wait for nows.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast