Thread: PowerUsenet Increases Retention to 50 days

Poster BT Rep: +5
    http://www.powerusenet.com/news.html

Usenet Retention Expands to 50 Days in Binary Newsgroups at Power Usenet
    April 21, 2006

Power Usenet is pleased to announce an expansion in single and multi-part binary newsgroup retention to 50 days. This expansion is part of Power Usenet’s continual effort to offer the best Usenet experience to our customers. This will give Power Usenet customers the second longest binary newsgroup retention available on Usenet. Text article retention will remain at 180 days.

Power Usenet currently offers numerous account types to serve customers ranging from occasional newsgroup downloaders to power users.

None of the Power Usenet accounts are speed-capped and all accounts include multiple concurrent connections to ensure customers receive the highest possible transfer speeds. Power Usenet’s news server currently carry over 100,000 uncensored newsgroups and boasts performance statistics that places it among the best Usenet servers available.

Each of Power Usenet’s accounts offers better performance than the competition for a fraction of the cost.

Power Usenet credits their customers’ desire for performance for making them the quality provider they are today. This retention increase is just one way Power Usenet is extending better service to customers without raising prices.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Jimi...'s Avatar Mister Subtle
    Same unlimited monthly cost as NewsHosting but PowerUsenet have better retention. Are these any good?

My NewsHosting account is up for renewal in July.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    powerusenet is a reseller of giganews..the only bad thing about powerusenet is that you cannot upload to usenet or share your acct to friends..

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    We are affiliates with PowerUsenet which is a great service with similar
    completion and reliability as GigaNews now with 50 day retention.
    PowerUsenet has unlimited accounts at $14.95 a month along
    with other plans. The refferal link for the site is...
    http://www.powerusenet.com/?a=fst
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-02-2006 at 07:08 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    trickstar
    anyone know if powerusenet accepts payment by paypal?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    How many simultaneous IP's does it allow? Looks good if it's four. Looking at sharing an account with some others since my ISP stopped binary newsgroups.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi...
    Same unlimited monthly cost as NewsHosting but PowerUsenet have better retention. Are these any good?

My NewsHosting account is up for renewal in July.
    Might be the same price but NewHosting allows posting and 8 connections (14.95 is only 4 connections, $19 is 8 connections). That, and if you get the yearly plan, NewsHosting gives u a discount.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    too bad about the 4 connections, i think newshosting advertises 4, but I haven't been held to that in a very long time.

Almost tempting, I found that newshosting got close to 40 days of retention, but now its gone back down to 36 or 37. Not often I need soemthing older then that, but sometimes there is.