Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is A 360?

I couldn't get to sleep last night (well, two hours ago actually) because of my neighbours extremely loud music, so i put on the tv in my room.
    I live in Scotland, and it was about 3:30 am, there was a program on Channel 4 called "The Opposite Sex".
    The program is American and is about a school called Evergreen which has 100 junior students (i think they're called sophomores), 97 of them are girls, three are boys.
    Anyway, the episode i saw was about a week called "Bow Down Week", where the senior students (don't know what they were called), got to make the junior students their slaves for the week.
    On of the students rebelled against his 'master', and the punishment she said she would give was called a '360'.
    I was wondering what a 360 is, cos it was never shown on the show, the punishment was interrupted.
    This might be pretty obvious to the American's on the board, but i'd just like to know what it is.
    thanks in advance for any replies

2. Lounge   -   #2
    ha ha! i dont know! what i do know is sophomores are 10th grade (2nd year) and seniors are called seniors! and 97:3 ratio! wow...wish that was here.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I don't know the show, but the 360 is probably the 360 degrees of a circle.

So that person was planning to turn the servant into the master. Is that clear?

Just for your reference:

Kindergarten- 6th grade= elementary school
    7-8: Junior High Some do 6-8: Middle school
    9-12: High School Freshman(9), Sophmore(10), Junior(11), Senior(12)
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    yeah, i think the 360 is to do with a circle, they showed a shot of a circle on the show, i just want to know what was supposed to happen.
    and yeah, the person who had been the slave wanted to become the master
    what age ranges are you talking about (like, what is 6th grade?)

in the Scottish school system, you go to nursery from about 3 to 5.
    then start primary school at 5 and leave at about 11 or 12
    you then move up to high school, from 11-12 up until either 16, 17 or 18
    you can elect to leave any time after you're 16 (generally at the end of 4th year), or choose to stay on for 5th and 6th year.
    if you leave at the end of 4th year, you can go into a job, if you leave at the end of 5th or 6th year, you normally go into university or college

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by amphoteric88@27 April 2003 - 06:08
    yeah, i think the 360 is to do with a circle, they showed a shot of a circle on the show, i just want to know what was supposed to happen.
    and yeah, the person who had been the slave wanted to become the master
    what age ranges are you talking about (like, what is 6th grade?)

in the Scottish school system, you go to nursery from about 3 to 5.
    then start primary school at 5 and leave at about 11 or 12
    you then move up to high school, from 11-12 up until either 16, 17 or 18
    you can elect to leave any time after you're 16 (generally at the end of 4th year), or choose to stay on for 5th and 6th year.
    if you leave at the end of 4th year, you can go into a job, if you leave at the end of 5th or 6th year, you normally go into university or college
    kindergarten starts at 5

So K-6= ages 5 thru 11
    junior high= 12-13
    high school=14-17

Most graduate highschool at 18

We do have what is called Pre-school for ages 3/4- but it is more like babysitting than structured education

6. Lounge   -   #6
    yeah, i suppose your pre-school is like our nursery then...playing about with sand castles and paddling pools...ahh, those were the days.
    no stress or pressure, i wish i could go back to then

7. Lounge   -   #7
    In the states you can leave highschool legally at 16 ( or after your 10th grade). Most who go on to graduate (complete grades 11 and 12) go to college (university).

So it seems that although we have different names, the ideas is pretty similar.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    yeah, i think probably all the education systems in the west will be about the same

9. Lounge   -   #9
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    I never went to nursery school...think of all those sandcastles and finger-painting that I missed out on...

10. Lounge   -   #10
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    neither did I, because my mum forgot to send off the forms

almost didn't get into school because they thought i wouldn't be able to read/speak/understand english
    luckily i learnt alot from Transformers
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast