Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newsdemon?

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just wondering if anyone here has used them? they look really good and says they dont throttle or cap your downloads on the unlimited account no matter how much you download.

If you could please say how much you have downloaded, if they cap/throttle etc. I will probably be buying a usenet account in july and want to find a truely unlimited account thats very reliable, so far newshosting is the best ive found.

They also accept paypal
    Last edited by torrentguy; 05-02-2006 at 03:42 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    NewsDemon is a reseller of NewsHosting, it will be similar in retention and completion.
    Otherwise I don't know about reliability.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    isnt newshosting cheaper?

im sure they will allow u to use paypal as they dont realy give a shit how u pay as long as they get the money

try sending them a email about it.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I'm using them right now...unlimited for 17.99. You get 4 connections instead of 8 but they told me on live chat (24/7) that they are planning on increasing them soon. Retention seems to be around 35 days. Had some luck above 40 but not a lot. They say on their home page retention is up to 55 days so you can guess, it differs from group to group but as I said 30-35 days seems to be the norm. Unlike usenet.com whose retention was around 20 days. Completion is very good and the speed it's always maxing out my 2mb so don't really know about higher speeds.

P.s If i was you I would go with newshosting. THey accept 6-months or 12-months with paypal. Just contact their sales department. They are cheaper, offer more connection and the retention is 35 days on paper but I have tried some groups on 40-50 days and they work. Great service
    Last edited by rzsexeh; 04-28-2006 at 05:04 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mesaman
    NewsDemon is a reseller of NewsHosting, it will be similar in retention and completion.
    Otherwise I don't know about reliability.
    I heard they were a reseller of newshosting too but I have just confirmed its not true. I have got this info from their support:

Q: Are you a reseller of newshosting?
    A: No, we are not a reseller of newshosting.

Q: Is your unlimited plan truely unlimited?
    A: Yes, We provide our service truely unlimited with the unlimited packages and also we reset your bandwidth for every 15-minutes for unlimited users. We are providing unlimited speed for every customer.

Q: How many newsgroups do you carry?
    A: We have the ability to offer over 100,000 groups.But Presently we are offering 50,000 groups Sorry for inconvenince.

Q: Do you record what customers download?
    A: No, We do not record any downloads of any customer.

They look like a good usenet provider and I will probably signup with them in a few months. I have also emailed newshosting with some similar questions but have yet to recieve a reply, newsdemon support is much quicker + they have 24/7 live support.
    Last edited by torrentguy; 04-29-2006 at 07:33 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I signed up with newsdemon a few days ago, and although this is the first newsgroup site I have signed up for it seems to be very good. The speeds are the fastest speeds I have ever download anything at. And I have had no problems with completion.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Double Agent
    i saw somebody selling newshosting accounts on ebay for only half if you buy from newshosting...

can't remember url, but i think you can type "usenet" to find it...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    You mean this:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Unlimited-acce...QQcmdZViewItem

I bought an item from him at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

He told me he couldnt sell it because someone threatened to report him to ebay because he was selling access to copyrighted material and its against the newshosting policy to sell an account.

WHAT A LIER!! He just didnt want to sell it because it whent for $1.82, He could have just said that instead of lying. This guy should be banned from eBay. Also if he thinks is is a leet trader, he is wrong.

Edit: These are pictures of the messages he sent me:
    Pic 1: http://www.dansmedia.com/eBay/1337trader-lier.PNG
    Pic 2: http://www.dansmedia.com/eBay/1337trader-lier-2.PNG
    Last edited by torrentguy; 04-30-2006 at 03:49 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Double Agent
    yeah, from what i read from the original listing he did put stuff that would seem infringing on the copy protected material, maybe he did got reported.

"Usenet not only exchanges texts but also binary data such as the latest movies, games, music, ebooks, and other premium content and software that you can get at a fraction of what they cost"

I don't see that in the new listing.

just out of curiosity, did you get your money back?
    Last edited by james_bond_rulez; 04-30-2006 at 05:38 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Yeah he refunded $1.86 CAD but PayPal took $0.62 CAD from it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast