Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For J2, I know you wanted to talk rush

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Let the professionals start the threads.

Anyway......

Much as it would be fun to poke fun at Rush and his "arrest" and point out all the hypocrisies relating to his rant's about what should happen to addicts or even the ACLU standing in his corner, his sudden belief that the constitution does protect the right of privacy (in this instance) or even the pass he will no doubt be given by the dittoheads...........

Addiction is not a crime and shouldn't be treated as such. (Of course if one commits a crime to feed the addiction that's a different matter). Addicts need help not punishment and although I am not holding my breath, I hope Rush realises this now and will use this experience and his position at the mic. in a productive way instead of a dividing way.
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-29-2006 at 11:09 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    The lyrics of Xanadu were based on the works of Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

He was probably full of laudanum when he wrote Kubla Khan though.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Different rush

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Different rush
    Who are you to tell people how to discuss the topic?

For J2, I know you wanted to talk rush
    Maybe you want to tunnel the subject, I choose not to.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    I didn't say you couldn't talk about it I simply said different rush

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    I didn't say you couldn't talk about it I simply said different rush
    I didn't say you said I couldn't talk about it. I simply posed the question "Who are you to tell people how to discuss the topic?"

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Oh well, have fun with your straw man, I'm happy you have a friend

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Let the professionals start the threads.

Anyway......

Much as it would be fun to poke fun at Rush and his "arrest" and point out all the hypocrisies relating to his rant's about what should happen to addicts or even the ACLU standing in his corner, his sudden belief that the constitution does protect the right of privacy (in this instance) or even the pass he will no doubt be given by the dittoheads...........

Addiction is not a crime and shouldn't be treated as such. (Of course if one commits a crime to feed the addiction that's a different matter). Addicts need help not punishment and although I am not holding my breath, I hope Rush realises this now and will use this experience and his position at the mic. in a productive way instead of a dividing way.
    Should one get punished for possession of illegal drugs?

They certainly shouldn't get off 'cause they are addicted. Possession is crime and in Rush's case, so is fraud.
    Rush got off easy due to being a first time offender and his "agreement".

I guess it's great to be rich.

Btw, someone in this thread is smoking crack rock and it ain't me or you.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-30-2006 at 03:52 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™

They certainly shouldn't get off 'cause they are addicted. Possession is crime and in Rush's case, so is fraud.

I see a difference between an addict and a pusher. IMO simple possesion of drugs for personal use should not be a crime in itself. I'm Probably splitting hairs with addiction not being a crime, but possesion technically is. But as I said if the addict commits a crime to feed his habit ( or any crime for any reason) that's a different matter and yes being an addict is no defence.
    Then again these where not illegal drugs to be in possesion of with a prescription, which he had. It was prescription fraud via "doctor shopping".
    One could say rush should know better and had he not been so outspoken about wanting to put other addicts in prison then his story wouldn't be pounced upon so harshly....... then again lets be realistic...it's rush limbaugh ...........and drugs
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-30-2006 at 04:31 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™

I see a difference between an addict and a pusher. IMO simple possesion of drugs for personal use should not be a crime in itself. I'm Probably splitting hairs with addiction not being a crime, but possesion technically is. But as I said if the addict commits a crime to feed his habit ( or any crime for any reason) that's a different matter and yes being an addict is no defence.
    Then again these where not illegal drugs to be in possesion of with a prescription, which he had. It was prescription fraud via "doctor shopping".
    One could say rush should know better and had he not been so outspoken about wanting to put other addicts in prison then his story wouldn't be pounced upon so harshly....... then again lets be realistic...it's rush limbaugh ...........and drugs
    Yeah Rush just committed fraud and got off with an agreement and fine.

However, are you saying that for example if Frumpagus is an addict and gets caught with an eight-ball (cocaine) that she should simply get help but if I, a non-addict, get caught with a dime bag (marryjewwanna), I should get jail time?

Lets assume these are third offenses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast