Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Flawless.

  1. #1
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741

    Cool

    I like the first one the best

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQ2mG917SY <--- swweeet

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-_XRrUVJtM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emHwpfFFQtE

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Unh-fLODK0

    enjoy. For those that don't like it, flame away, honestly don't know what that's going to accomplish.

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  2. Music   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,588
    good shit. he's got mad skillz.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

    Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

  3. Music   -   #3
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,270
    Man that guy is talented as hell. Especially if does learn by ear as he claims. Gives me a little reassurance though, cause I have chubby fingers like that...

  4. Music   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    Man that guy is talented as hell. Especially if does learn by ear as he claims. Gives me a little reassurance though, cause I have chubby fingers like that...
    Yup, I wish I had that talent (learn by ear)

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  5. Music   -   #5
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,867
    he's got it down. slipknot was some of my favorite stuff to play once i got to a guitar skill level where i could play most rhythm parts. it's all just madd riffing, nothing really technical. just quit watching your hand and jump around the room like a fool.

    when our band would practice, we would do our normal stuff and then when we were done and our voices were starting to get a little hoarse, we would do a few slipknot songs and just scream/headbang ourselves silly until we could barely talk.

    i used to play wait and bleed (obviously), <sic>, and surfacing a lot. the only newer slipknot song i ever learned was 'before i forget' though. those older songs were just way more raw and fun for me.

  6. Music   -   #6
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    he's got it down. slipknot was some of my favorite stuff to play once i got to a guitar skill level where i could play most rhythm parts. it's all just madd riffing, nothing really technical. just quit watching your hand and jump around the room like a fool.

    when our band would practice, we would do our normal stuff and then when we were done and our voices were starting to get a little hoarse, we would do a few slipknot songs and just scream/headbang ourselves silly until we could barely talk.

    i used to play wait and bleed (obviously), <sic>, and surfacing a lot. the only newer slipknot song i ever learned was 'before i forget' though. those older songs were just way more raw and fun for me.
    Fuck yes, the older songs (self-titled all the way, best album imo) are so much fun to play on guitar, i mean from a technical POV they're so easy, its all about the speed really.

    I love playing (sic), I have all the riffs down to the note and sound's exactly like Mick's parts, the only one I can't seem to get is the one riff w/ the wah pedal near the middle I always get caught off guard by that (hey Lee, if you know how to play that part hook me up )

    Oh and one more thing I try my best to learn by ear, and I don't use tabs unless I absolutely have to, what I usually do is get a good idea of what it sounds like and make my own tab(s) with help from friends. The only tab that I ever really really needed were for Virus of Life and Opium of the People. It's also easier if you've ever watched videos of em play (live slipknot) then you could see what they're fretting and what not.

    -Eyeless (down to the note)
    -Wait and Bleed (one hard fucking song to play mind you, I still haven't got the intro to work out perfectly...yet)
    -Surfacing (so easy and so very very sweet )
    -Spit it Out (hahaha I bought a wah pedal just for this song, obviously I use it on other songs now too)
    -Liberate (not as good as the guy I posted, only reason is cuz I can't seem to get that one part, the very high pitched part that mick plays)
    -No Life
    -Diluted (sounds damn good in Drop C for some reason)
    -Get This

    and of course my absolute favorite headbanging song

    -Eeyore (nuff said, this song is so damn heavy and the best part is it's easy and you don't get tired since it's not much fret work, more tremolo picking then anything).

    The only songs I know how to play from Iowa are

    -People=Shit (easy as feck)
    -Heretic Anthem (still haven't learned it fully, mick's part is a bit tough, don't know why though prob. cuz im lazy)

    and of course Vol 3:

    -Prelude 3.0 (first song I learned, such a beautiful song)
    -Blister Exists (I love the riffs from this)
    -Duality (Pinch Harmonics ftw )
    -Opium of the People intro (i can only play this song like every other day, after that my fingers are literally gone)
    -Circle (An awesome acoustic to play, 2nd song I learned)
    -Vermillion (Love Jim's part in this, know this song down to the note both Jim's and Mick's parts, including solo)
    -Pulse of the Maggots (awesome song to learn, very easy, solo is a bit hard but it's Slipknot, so obviously not that hard)
    -Before I Forget (very easy song to learn, learned this by accident actually, cuz my friend was playing it and I mimicked his fretting and what do you know lol)
    -The Virus of Life (the main reason why I bought the uber metal pedal, now used in all the metallica songs that I play)

    I'll post up a video of me playing something if I ever get my camera working, I could use the criticism.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 05-01-2006 at 04:33 AM.

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  7. Music   -   #7
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,867
    i've thrown using my ear to the wind (not to say i dont try to develop my auditory skills). we have technology today that makes it so easy to learn songs. i used to use txt tabs from mxtabs.net, but i eventually found guitar pro. that program is the most helpful thing ever. it's just like tabs, but with midi playback you get to hear what should be played. that's all i use for learning new songs anymore (if it's tabbed that is).

    if you want any info on that lemme know and i can continue this discussion.

    p.s. there's 4 versions of <sic> on the guitar pro tab site. i checked them out and one version had that wah part you mentioned needing tabbed pretty accurate sounding to me (and it's the way i always played it).

  8. Music   -   #8
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    i've thrown using my ear to the wind (not to say i dont try to develop my auditory skills). we have technology today that makes it so easy to learn songs. i used to use txt tabs from mxtabs.net, but i eventually found guitar pro. that program is the most helpful thing ever. it's just like tabs, but with midi playback you get to hear what should be played. that's all i use for learning new songs anymore (if it's tabbed that is).

    if you want any info on that lemme know and i can continue this discussion.

    p.s. there's 4 versions of <sic> on the guitar pro tab site. i checked them out and one version had that wah part you mentioned needing tabbed pretty accurate sounding to me (and it's the way i always played it).
    PM sent

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  9. Music   -   #9
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,270
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    i've thrown using my ear to the wind (not to say i dont try to develop my auditory skills). we have technology today that makes it so easy to learn songs. i used to use txt tabs from mxtabs.net, but i eventually found guitar pro. that program is the most helpful thing ever. it's just like tabs, but with midi playback you get to hear what should be played. that's all i use for learning new songs anymore (if it's tabbed that is).

    if you want any info on that lemme know and i can continue this discussion.
    I'd love to learn a little more about that, I get all my tabs from Guitar Tab Universe, which has ALOT of tabs, but more often then not, they are wrong or only contain intro's to songs. It's actually really annoying...

    PM also sent!

  10. Music   -   #10
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    PM sent
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    PM also sent!

    both replied.
    Last edited by lee551; 05-01-2006 at 06:27 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •