Thread: can't open nzb can anyone help me

srvirgo59
    I am very new at this, I tried several times to download. Still with no luck. I downloaded foxfire, sage, and vlc media player..what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-05-2006 at 04:24 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Draugr's Avatar Poster
    You need a program like GrabIt (http://www.shemes.com/index.php?p=download) and access to newsgroups.

Edit: This thread may be of use: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=69159
    Last edited by Draugr; 05-03-2006 at 01:40 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    srvirgo59
    Thanks, I got grabit and have really tried to figure out what I am doing wrong by reading the guides, but I am still lost. I dl the nzb file and open the folder but it is text files. Do I need something else or am I doing something wrong.

Thus far I have dl foxfire, sage, bittorrent, newzbin, vlc player, grabit

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Who are you using for a newgroup provider this sounds like a retention issue. It might be nice if a moderator moved this to the newsgroups section as well. edit :never mind he posted in both sections
    Last edited by accat13; 05-05-2006 at 12:59 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    You need a proper newsgroup provider if you don't have one.Forget about asking about the free ones there not worth the effort,fork out the 14.95 and get newshosting from the banner above.Its really worth it.You may also want to try to update your group list in grabit(go to the all groups tab and select "refresh grouplist")The only time I had trouble with grabit this solved my problem.I had an older version at the time..

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    srvirgo59
    news.chi.sbcglobal.net

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    that is most likely your problem isp's traditionaly have offered really poor newsgroup support....Bad retention and most likely the groups you are looking for are not supported.Like I said if you want full newsgroup support get a proper provider your isp doesn't cut it...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Yes, when an article downloads in full, to a 0kB text file, the file is no longer on your usenet servers' retention.

I second the question, who is your Usenet provider?

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Dont think they carry binaries at all...