Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool redecorate old trafford

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    The point is that the bulk of your support did not have to travel 3 - 4 hours to get to the local derby. If they put the game on too early and people hit roadworks you gonna have lots of angry fans who have paid £50 a ticket for a game they only saw 10 mins of. Its gonna cause trouble after.

Same thing happens in london as well, they try not to get 2 localish teams to play on the same day otherwise you sometimes get 4 sets of fans all meeting up at the larger train stations all together. Its not uncommon for me to see plenty of arsenal or tottenham fans on the trains out of paddington mixing with chelsea fans but never at the same time.
    Last edited by 4play; 05-01-2006 at 05:55 PM.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Everything's like a competition with you.

OK, Chelsea fans are more dedicated than anyone else, pay more money than anyone else and get more annoyed when they don't see their team than anyone else.

Happy now.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    nope, i want my prize

I wasnt trying to make it into a competition im sure there are much more dedicated fans i was just trying to point out the reason behind the later start.

The fact we probably pay the highest prices is probably true but its hardly something i can brag about is it. Bit like me saying i have to spend more down the pub then you for a round might be true but nothing to be proud of.

I was also talking in general any fans would be upset if they missed a match they paid money for and get angry. Have lots of angry people all around the ground and trouble starts.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Midday kick-offs are annoying for fans but the local police always have the final say. Ask Dave Whelan.

The FA can forcibly suggest, Sky can try to bribe the clubs but ultimately, the police decide.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12