Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool redecorate old trafford

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Anyone else see the pics of liverpool's handy work at old trafford.

I heard this was a vicious fight in the toilet but it ended when the screws holding the sink to the fall finally gave way. Goes to show scousers will steal anything even the kitchen sink.

the Five stickers are fair play its a bit of banter between clubs about how many times liverpool have won europe, but the writing about shipman and the munich air disaster are a bit below the belt.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    scousers

The Shipman thing and the Munich jibes are examples of the famous scouse sense of humour. The fact that half a city cries for a month and swears bloody revenge when anyone even mentions Hillsbrorough is another endearing quality.

I hadn't seen those pics, cheers for posting - normally in these circumstances you can say that it's probably a mindless minority that did it but not in this case
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    What happens in situations like that, does the FA get the team whose fans did it to pay for the repairs and redecoratng?

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    I read that the people at old trafford wanted the match to kick off earlier than 5 to stop any drunken trouble. They were told no. It seems the fa will pay for all the damages and then probably pass that bill onto liverpool.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    I read that the people at old trafford wanted the match to kick off earlier than 5 to stop any drunken trouble. They were told no. It seems the fa will pay for all the damages and then probably pass that bill onto liverpool.
    I would have thought pay for the damages and an automatic fine for that sort of behaviour would be a better idea. Fine to equal the cost of putting things right.

Also insist that guilty club pays for extaa Police (or Stewards) at subsequent matches at that stadium, to watch over them in toilets etc.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    I read that the people at old trafford wanted the match to kick off earlier than 5 to stop any drunken trouble. They were told no.
    Strathclyde Police decide when Old Firm games start, for that very reason. 12:00 noon.

If I remember right Setanta said that they were going to get the SPL to move one of the games to 2, or 3 O'Clock and were politely told to STFU. The local cops said 12 noon or not at all, no debates.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Both teams dont really have far to travel for that particular game so 12 is possible and there is no reason for a later start.

This game should have been played about 2 to stop any trouble and there was plenty after the match according to my uncle.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Both teams dont really have far to travel for that particular game so 12 is possible and there is no reason for a later start.

This game should have been played about 2 to stop any trouble and there was plenty after the match according to my uncle.
    The teams don't have to travel far to get to Old Trafford. However I'll bet the Man Utd fans travel further than the Liverpool fans to get there.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    It happened during the fa cup semi final between chelsea and liverpool so we did have a bit of a way to go. I did bolton the week before which took about 3 and a 1/2 hours to get there.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    It happened during the fa cup semi final between chelsea and liverpool so we did have a bit of a way to go. I did bolton the week before which took about 3 and a 1/2 hours to get there.
    Celtic have fans who come down from Aberdeen for games, or even further away, on a regular basis. You're a decent 4 hours or so from Aberdeen. They probably leave at about 7 in the morning for the 12 O'Clock games. However that's only the Old Firm. Other televised games ar at 2 O'Clock normally.

Celtic and Rangers also don't play their home games on the same day. If one is at home then the other is away. If they both had to play at home then one game would be moved away from the Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast