Thread: Getting Past ISP Restrictions

Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper

Question Mark

I know how to get past them on torrents but how do i do it on stuff like Limewire and DC++??? I hate my ISP

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    (UK Online)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    First, try changing your ports. Some filters only block the defaul filesharing ports (pick some really high ass number).
    If that doesnt work, try port 80.
    If that doesnt work, you probably will have to use a proxy.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Can an ISP identify whether data being transferred is P2P no matter what port is being used? Im asking cos I've tried altering various ports for P2P

sorry if this is a dumbass question
    Profound statement coming soon... watch this space

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    When i had an ISP with that fair usage policy (you cannot use p2p after a certain time, if you do it is slow and i mean 1-3KB/s) i could not actually do anything even using torrents. I just had to not over do it. When i did they would actually chop of my connection for the day.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i have problems in DC++ and soulseek:download speed starts well and decreases untill 0... disconnect and starts well and decreases untill 0... and all time like this
    firewall and antivirus norton 2006... connection adsl 1.5 mega.in DC++ i see the same problem have 40-50% uploading from me they have such strange behavior.
    i think ISP is quilty
    Last edited by zolono; 05-06-2006 at 06:54 AM.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I NEED this
    u can get a virtual server and dl on there, then dl it onto ur computer incrypted and they can't do anything about it