Thread: News server with the most simultaneous connections?

I know giganews allows 10 but is there a server with even more connections ?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    i dunno whats going on but i can get 36 connections with newshosting, not sure if its just a bug in the account or what... anyone else able to get that many with newshosting?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    lol I just put 200 connection and it works...going at 8 MB/sec

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Are you both using newshosting? Unlimited or limited?
    Last edited by torrentguy; 05-02-2006 at 08:18 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    i got 150 going at astrawebs

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Guyanese_Bai
    i have newshosting unlimited 8 connection.. but if i set it to 8 connections or 100 connections i still get the same speed.. should that be right? like i had it on 8 connections n i was downloading at 400KB/s and i tried it at 100 and i had the same speed..

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Thats usually the case that adding connections beyond the limit wont change your speed or they wont connect...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Thats usually the case that adding connections beyond the limit wont change your speed or they wont connect...
    Actually on our newshosting account I can set connections to whatever I want and they all connect.
    I've tried 12 at once and they all connected fine.
    Last edited by tesco; 05-05-2006 at 07:33 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Guyanese_Bai
    they do connect but I guess its adding connections beyond the limit so it wont change my speed.. thx

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    when they up the ammount of connections they limit the speed per connection, the amount of connections is mainly for isp's that limit per connection use, if your isp does not do this it will not affect you.

You will notice that if you set newshosting unlimited to 4 you speed will go down.
    Customer: "I want to download the Internet. Do I need a bigger hard disk?"