Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

scribblec's Avatar Poster
    england arent going anywhere this time, they have as much chance of winning the world cup as turkey and turkey arent even in it, they will be relying on a strike partnership of a giant who doesnt know how to score and a 17 year old yet to play a premiership game, how can they expect to win when they are relying on lampard to score all the goals ? we all know that lampard and gerrard dont make the best partnership even though they are brilliant seperatly... and need i start on that twit of a player beckham?

2. Sports Club   -   #42
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    If the WWE guys were writing this World Cup we'd see a final pitting the good guys USA against the might of the evil-doing Iran. USA would win (of course) after a botched run-in by North Korea and Cuba all carrying steel chairs.
    why u think US will win, didnt u see iran wining at France98.
    anyway my 1st hope is argentine 2nd is italia but its more likely that brazil will win cuz as 'DorisInsinuate' said thier more power full then what they were, ronaldinio is at his top his almost single handeling the barca these days.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Sports Club   -   #43
    yea, what i wouldnt give to be the manager of brazil...

Ronaldo adriano
    ronaldinho
    Robinho Kaka
    emerson
    carlos lucio luisao cafu
    Dida

just the thought of watching them all play on one pitch gets me excited

was looking forward to watching rooney play aswell, i have high admiration for him

4. Sports Club   -   #44
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    If the WWE guys were writing this World Cup we'd see a final pitting the good guys USA against the might of the evil-doing Iran. USA would win (of course) after a botched run-in by North Korea and Cuba all carrying steel chairs.
    why u think US will win, didnt u see iran wining at France98.
    anyway my 1st hope is argentine 2nd is italia but its more likely that brazil will win cuz as 'DorisInsinuate' said thier more power full then what they were, ronaldinio is at his top his almost single handeling the barca these days.
    You're totally right, if you beat a team eight years ago you own their souls and they will never be able to beat you again.

5. Sports Club   -   #45
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblec
    ... they will be relying on a strike partnership of a giant who doesnt know how to score and ...
    That's a bit harsh, Owen's had 7 goals in 11 appearences this season. I never really considered him a tall player though

6. Sports Club   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    ... they will be relying on a strike partnership of a giant who doesnt know how to score and ...
    That's a bit harsh, Owen's had 7 goals in 11 appearences this season. I never really considered him a tall player though
    was talking about crouch...

owen is very unlikly to play and rooney is a certainty to be out

7. Sports Club   -   #47
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate

Where the feck are you getting your information from.

Owen played for Newcastle over a week ago and will certainly play at least some part in the tournament and it's by no means certain that Rooney is out of the whole tournament.

Another thing is that you presume that England will play two strikers up front, they hardly ever do that, prefering instead to play Rooney just behind the lone striker as a link man, the most likely scenario to incorporate his ostensible absence is to play Joe Cole there instead.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Sports Club   -   #48
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Where the feck are you getting your information from.

Owen played for Newcastle over a week ago and will certainly play at least some part in the tournament and it's by no means certain that Rooney is out of the whole tournament.

Another thing is that you presume that England will play two strikers up front, they hardly ever do that, prefering instead to play Rooney just behind the lone striker as a link man, the most likely scenario to incorporate his ostensible absence is to play Joe Cole there instead.
    To be fair scrib is a girl so she can't be expected to talk too much sense about football. In case you've forgotten here is the football knowledge table:

1. People
    2. Americans
    3. Girls
    4. Gays
    5. Plants and small animals

9. Sports Club   -   #49
    yea, what i wouldnt give to be the manager of brazil...

Ronaldo adriano
    ronaldinho
    Robinho Kaka
    emerson
    carlos lucio luisao cafu
    Dida

just the thought of watching them all play on one pitch gets me excited

was looking forward to watching rooney play aswell, i have high admiration for him
    No wingers and a midfield far too top heavy, they are beatable.

Robinho can't play on the left wing at all and by pushing Kaka out wide right you're pratically losing all of his creativeness. I think a better idea would be to play something more like this.

---------------Adriano--------------- <--Striker
    --------Kaka-Ronaldinho-Robinho----- <-- 3 AMC's
    ------------------------------------ <--- 0 MC's
    Carlos-------Emerson---DMC--------Cafu <--- 2 Wing backs for width and 2DMC's for protection when they go forward.
    ------------DC--------DC------------ <---- 2 DC's.

DMC could be Baptista (He's played almost all of his life as DMC/MC and only recently gone striker. The DC's personally should be Lucio and then one of Alex (PSV), Cris (Lyon) or Juan (Weder Bremen).

Cafu and Carlos to provide crossing width but not cut inside and to get back into a flat back 4 when they dont have the ball.

Also Dida's been having a shocking season and has already been warned but the Brazilian coach if he doesn't improve he won't be starting. That opens up the door for Julio Cesar from Inter.

10. Sports Club   -   #50
    What's this run DMC pish all about.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast