Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Oh, ffs. Whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge.

Australia weren't robbed - they lost because they couldn't put a goal past 10 men. Simple as.
    WRONG

had that bullshit penalty not happened we would have had a extra 30 mins to score a goal against 10 men thus guss would have put more attacking players on

also may have gone to penalty shoot out which we could have won for sure

the bullshit penalty robbed us of any chance possible in guss plan for extra time which is what he was aiming for the lights of kennedy adn Alasisi
    No, I'm right, if you'd managed to put a goal past a beleaguered, 10-man Italy at some point then that penalty wouldn't have robbed you of anything.

Surely, even you can see this.

Btw, I don't reckon Australia would have ever scored against Italy and while Guus' 20/20 hindsight plan to bring on some attacking players might have reaped rewards - he didn't fucking do it. You can't say that the penalty robbed you of bringing attacking players onto the pitch - your coach's bad decision making prevented it from happening.

Good thing he's gone to Russia now.
    Last edited by manker; 07-05-2006 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling :dabs:
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #522
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    good thing??

do you relise what he has done??

first team to make the world cup since 1974

first world cup goal
    first world cup win
    first world cup 2nd round

and your saying its good hes gone ??

do you even know where he has taken Australia that know other coach has done?

and no your not rights its whats called your opinion just like mine we are bother right nor wrong
    Last edited by Adster; 07-05-2006 at 11:08 AM.

3. Sports Club   -   #523
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yeah right who with?? Vaughn jones are out we are unbeatable at the Gabb adn Wacca and you just got your ass kicked by sir lanka 5-0

it will be the biggest overhyped ashes series ever we will kill you 4-1 if we dont win teh ahses I am prepared to make a bet with you that I will wear a england cricket logo in my avatar and andrew Flintoff banner sig for 3 months
    The Ashes thing was a joke, Ad. Of course we're not going to win, have you been watching cricket for the last six to eight months.

well not really we havnt lost a test since the ashes last year so have been pretty boring wtihout any compatition hope you guys give us some at least

4. Sports Club   -   #524
    manker's Avatar effendi
    good thing??

do you relise what he has done??

first team to make the world cup since 1974

first world cup goal
    first world cup win
    first world cup 2nd round

and your saying its good hes gone ??

do you even know where he has taken Australia that know other coach has done?
    You're so easy to wind up.

I do watch a soupcon of footie so I was quite aware of his input - and how you might react if I said that

He did fuck up in the Italy game, but that doesn't detract from all the good he's done, of course it doesn't.

and no your not rights its whats called your opinion just like mine we are bother right nor wrong
    In this case, I disagree. If Australia had scored one goal, then that penalty (which was quite fairly awarded, btw) wouldn't have robbed Australia of a chance to get into the quarter finals.

That's not opinion, that's fact.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Sports Club   -   #525
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The Ashes thing was a joke, Ad. Of course we're not going to win, have you been watching cricket for the last six to eight months.

well not really we havnt lost a test since the ashes last year so have been pretty boring wtihout any compatition hope you guys give us some at least
    Apart from one game against India, we've been shit. With the injuries and all, I can't see it being a close series.

Which is a shame

6. Sports Club   -   #526
    let me ask you do you think Italy could have scored a genuium goal in extra time with 10 men?
    Yes. Italy had the players, the experience and the defenders to allow them to move on counter attacks, plus 2-3 players who can score.

Australia could have been enforce with another 2 attackers lets say. Which players would have been removed from the game?
    Attackers=No change..
    Midfielders=Faster counter attacks for Italy..
    Defenders=Great risk, Italy would become dangerous and even score easier.

Italy had the upper hand even with 10 players.

7. Sports Club   -   #527
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean
    let me ask you do you think Italy could have scored a genuium goal in extra time with 10 men?
    Yes. Italy had the players, the experience and the defenders to allow them to move on counter attacks, plus 2-3 players who can score.

Australia could have been enforce with another 2 attackers lets say. Which players would have been removed from the game?
    Attackers=No change..
    Midfielders=Faster counter attacks for Italy..
    Defenders=Great risk, Italy would become dangerous and even score easier.

Italy had the upper hand even with 10 players.
    Australia could have lost a man from defence and employed a deeper midfielder, maybe Grella, with a licence for the others to join in attack - the Italians were deploying only one attacker so to play with three in defence wouldn't have been a bad thing. Alternatively, they could have taken Cullina off and dropped Grella back while pushing the full backs up as wingers and putting the current wingers in tight just behind the front men.

Obviously, it would have been more risky, but it would have given the Aussies more of a chance to score than keeping it tight.

Point is that Hiddink should have made a decision like that in normal time because they didn't look like scoring. He needed to mix things up.

8. Sports Club   -   #528
    Thats right. The change should actually had taken place as soon as Italy lost a player. Maybe thowing an attacking midfielder not only to help the attackers but also try to help "siege" Italy's defence.

Pressurising the opposition could do the result. But like i said italy had the experience that Australians lack and players who can score, so they don't have to rely on a single attacker!

9. Sports Club   -   #529
    manker's Avatar effendi
    No, dude, you don't change your team when an opposition player gets sent off, especially when the scores are level! You should probably alter the tactics slightly but why bring another player on when you may need that substitution for later.

You need to see how the other team reacts to being a man down before you make personnel changes to your own team.

10. Sports Club   -   #530
    Well they were a player short. An imediate change with a fresh player would give you that boost. If not the opposition may manage to balance things even with a player short. Increasing your attack you will try to close your opposition to their defence so you will gain control of the match.
    Well and since this can be done without a change.. Maybe you are right

Anw the error was that he never saw that coming. He should at least put some fresh legs in in order to keep Italy busy until the extra time..