Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Wanted : I Can't Delete Some Files

Poster
    Originally posted by k4nth@27 April 2003 - 18:20
    i done everything u guys told me and it still doesn't work. Its not a virus. Any other sugesstion ppl?
    If the media file your trying to delete is in your shared folder then all you got to do is uninstall k-lite,delete the media file,then re install k-lite.Have had this happen to me a few times now and this has always rectified the problem.

Good luck and let us know if it works for you.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Same as dos mode almost, start up in safemode and try deleting the file.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Yes startup in safemode!
    You should absolutely be able to delete it there.
    If it won't delete there it loves you!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    right click on the file and select properties then mak shure that read only and system file is not checked

if it still wont deleat try opening it in note pad or word pad and delet it from there

if ur still having problems try doing a scan disk it may be gone but has left lost clusters

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by k4nth@27 April 2003 - 17:13
    Hi ppl, i can't seem to delete some media files. It says the file is being used by a program. But im 100% sure no programs are using the file. I even restarted the computer and tried deleting the file. Can someone help me fix this problem?

p.s. im using Windows XP Cop with SP1
    u can delete it from dos

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Rite I have the same problem! When your deleting MP3 files they just delete like that. However when your deleting video files you will hit an error, what i find you have to do is highlight the file and wait till the picture of the film appears on the side bar. Then you can delete it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12