Thread: How Do I Counter-strike?

fLoPpY's Avatar Poster
    confusing topic title i know,
    but during my long boring downloads i would llike to play online games, so i was wondering if it is possible to have a decent game of C-S while using K-L or any other d/l program for that matter.

Is it possible to change the ports that each program uses so that the data streams dont interefere with each other? because the stream for HL is 7kb/s at its VERY maximum, and on a 60kb/s connection its only a fraction og the potential.

someone help me because i am beying to spill some virtual blood

2. Games   -   #2
    To be honest dude this is almost a waste of topic space TRY IT AND FIND OUT BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP ON SOMETHING YOU HAVENT TRIED!!!! Sorry if i sound rude but just try and see.

3. Games   -   #3
    fLoPpY's Avatar Poster
    TBH dude i dont have a clue what to do that is why i am asking the forum which would have a much wider amalgamated knowledge than i.
    i have already tried changing the rates and the amount of bandwith the game uses internally, but it had no effect. i wanted to know if anyone had found a solution or knew of one, not to be told to try something i already did and have no nothing about...

but then, its only me;
    and my name isnt akito tinkawa2...
    and i most certainly dont own a spaceship...
    but i do own a submarine!

4. Games   -   #4
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    No... I play alot of CS, and its pretty much not possible... mainly from the upload standpoint... because if you are sending on a p2p network, or even to someone on a IM list ... odds are most of your upload space is being taking, thus CS has to fight with that app for some of that space...

this has less effect on downstream, because odds are that CS wont use all of yours available downstream connection, because it doesnt take that much. So thats why downloading on IRC is semi viable, assumingy your not maxing your connection, because your only downloading, and not uploading, thus giving the upstream data sent by CS plenty of room...

and yes, at times, i will download on IRC, and play cs... but i will never run a p2p will playing CS.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    It's tough to search on the net for something you don't exactly know how to word.

If you're running on a broadband connection, you can try restricting the amount of upload bandwidth you're using on the p2p to half-life has some also. But I don't suggest gaming and sharing at the same time.