Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iraqis Cheer Crash of British Helicopter

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - A British military helicopter crashed in Basra on Saturday, and Iraqis hurled stones at British troops and set fire to three armored vehicles that rushed to the scene. Clashes broke out between British troops and Shiite militias, police and witnesses said.

Link :http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...tm&floc=NW_1-T

Made me sick reading this , wondered why do we bother ?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Because theres no other chance. America and England dug there hole moving into Iraq, now they gotta get out.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - A British military helicopter crashed in Basra on Saturday, and Iraqis hurled stones at British troops and set fire to three armored vehicles that rushed to the scene. Clashes broke out between British troops and Shiite militias, police and witnesses said.

Methinks some of these militias are playing the media game, peat.

It's disconcerting, to say the least.

I can't wait 'til this is over and done.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss

We? Canadian troops are not in Iraq last time I checked, although sending them is a good idea (I used to oppose the idea, but now that the US has gone in and turned the place to shit, every soldier helps in order to maintain peace).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Our troops are tied up in Afghanistan. Spreading them thin like that is a bad idea.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    ~Rev Jim Jones's Avatar Kool-Aid Kowboy
    There's plenty of British who would cheer a crash of a British helicopter, it's really a non-issue. When my age was in the single digits me and my friends got a good laugh watching the space shuttle Challenger explode on live TV, it was like if your gonna go for a rocket ride you just might die, just like they did.
    "If you don’t need a God fine but if you need a God, I’ll nose him out, ten lengths every time. . . . What’s your sky God ever done? . . . The only happiness you’ve found is when you’ve come to this earth God!"

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rev Jim Jones
    There's plenty of British who would cheer a crash of a British helicopter, it's really a non-issue. When my age was in the single digits me and my friends got a good laugh watching the space shuttle Challenger explode on live TV, it was like if your gonna go for a rocket ride you just might die, just like they did.
    I'll bet that Indonesian Christmas tsunami a while back really popped your cork, too, huh?

It would seem you are still in single digits, developmentally.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think we have expect things like this. Occupying forces good or bad will always be the object of resentment at some level.

What worries me is the results of the Iraqi troop training. One group upon graduation mutinied when told they wouldn't be stationed next to their homes.

Hardball... iraqi soldiers report 2.4 mb

I suppose the "liberal press" is to blame
    Last edited by vidcc; 05-07-2006 at 03:07 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I think we have expect things like this. Occupying forces good or bad will always be the object of resentment at some level.

What worries me is the results of the Iraqi troop training. One group upon graduation mutinied when told they wouldn't be stationed next to their homes.

Hardball... iraqi soldiers report 2.4 mb

I suppose the "liberal press" is to blame
    How would you know, you FOXNEWS addict.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    How would you know, you FOXNEWS addict.
    Billy boy oh-really said so.....so it must be their fault. , and I think you will find the correct spelling is Fauxnews
    Last edited by vidcc; 05-07-2006 at 03:51 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast